DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Baltimore, Maryland

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good quality feedback for you to use... Remember to always Fly Safe and Fly Smart. Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Greetings and salutations and welcome to the forum. There is much to learn here for a new flyer. Let me add my 2 cents in opinions. AS you are new to the hobby don't push your drone to the limits until you are completely comfortable with its operation. I too am a proponent of the landing pad as others have mentioned here. A landing pad will limit the amount of dirt and dust that your bird will be exposed to. That's a good thing. And finally, I notice that a number of people here are discussing the option of a hand launch. With you being new to the hobby, I would suggest that you not even consider that option for a considerable time. Those rotating blades can cause injuries drawing blood and worse. I would also suggest that you look up some of these subjects on the Youtube channel to help you learn. Stay safe and be a considerate pilot. I know that you will enjoy your new hobby and again, WECOME!

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Question 1) I never have used propeller guards and never buy them but as someone previously said, it's useful when flying around birds and makes the drone easier to see.

Question 2) Care refresh would be a must for me or any newbie. Especially considering this is the drone with the Advanced RTH.

Question 3) From what I've heard, the RC Pro is nice but I think most people would go with a tablet, iPad, or just their phone as those can be used for other purposes. If Scotland is sunny and you find yourself in need of a bright screen, then maybe go with the RC Pro but I'd personally go with a Tripltek 8 or a 7 if you'd like one cheaper.

Question 4) In my PERSONAL opinion, a landing pad is a must especially if you don't always launch by hand or from concrete. If you fly in grassy or sandy areas, then yes, you'll want a landing pad.
Thanks for your input, BSauce955! Since I made this post, I purchased (from Amazon) the "DJI Mavic 3 'Fly More' Combo" - as well as the "DJI RC Pro - for DJI Mavic 3". I also purchased the "DJI Mavic 3 Propeller Guard" - although I don't anticipate using it much... I'll also be buying the two year insurance policy from DJI... Seems prudent - as I'm a newbie...

Reactions: BSauce955
Greetings and salutations and welcome to the forum. There is much to learn here for a new flyer. Let me add my 2 cents in opinions. AS you are new to the hobby don't push your drone to the limits until you are completely comfortable with its operation. I too am a proponent of the landing pad as others have mentioned here. A landing pad will limit the amount of dirt and dust that your bird will be exposed to. That's a good thing. And finally, I notice that a number of people here are discussing the option of a hand launch. With you being new to the hobby, I would suggest that you not even consider that option for a considerable time. Those rotating blades can cause injuries drawing blood and worse. I would also suggest that you look up some of these subjects on the Youtube channel to help you learn. Stay safe and be a considerate pilot. I know that you will enjoy your new hobby and again, WECOME!
Thank you for the kind welcome, Drone-dude! I appreciate your input! I've been watchin' the (Mod Removed Language)out of YouTube!

"Be a considerate pilot"! Sage advice! I always try to err on the side of being considerate. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the group, although you could just as well welcome me. In fact you got here a few days before I did. I'm in Gaithersburg. We Marylanders have some great areas to fly, although beware of the DC No Drone Zone. Annapolis is always nice, but stay clear of the Naval Academy.

Let me know if you're out and about this way and I'll come join you. Fly safe!

Reactions: MA2 317
Hey there, Will, welcome from a "former Baltimorean" who now lives at the beach in Delaware.

I will eventually get the Mavic 3 (or its next incarnation) to be used as a serious landscape/seascape still-photo platform. But figured I would start with the Mini SE to work the kinks out, learn flying proficiency and get my Part 107 - before moving up.

Welcome from NoVa. Looking to head to your neck of the woods soon to shoot in downtown Baltimore. For me, my "must have" was as much FAA training as I can get (got certified) and Care Refresh. Learned a lot on this great forum and on youtube and just through safe practice. I bought a landing pad but quickly learned to hand catch every time.

Welcome to the group, although you could just as well welcome me. In fact you got here a few days before I did. I'm in Gaithersburg. We Marylanders have some great areas to fly, although beware of the DC No Drone Zone. Annapolis is always nice, but stay clear of the Naval Academy.

Let me know if you're out and about this way and I'll come join you. Fly safe!
I hope to shoot sunrise at Sandy Point for the Chesapeake Bridge tomorrow morning.

Sandy Point is a nice spot. Hope it was a good day for you. I was out that way last October while the colors were changing. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge photographs well. I also spent a fair amount of time around the little bridges in Annapolis.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan