DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Brentwood, TN

I just brought home a Mini 2 Fly More package as part of my birthday goodies and am looking forward to learning how to fly this thing properly and get the most fun out of it. I have been researching drones for a couple of years but just never pulled the trigger. Hoping to use it to do a personal survey of my mother's land and property lines as she lives out in the country in MS and some areas are not easy access.

How does one start out right with sources of training aids on basic flight and tips/lessons learned? I have read through all the regulations, including my local regulations on drone flight and continue to read though those to make sure I am not breaking any laws or regulations.

Look forward to reading and likely asking questions as I learn to fly this thing!

Alan
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the wonderful world of flying cameras!
I live in Bellevue, when I started out, I flew a lot in the back picnic areas of Edwin Warner.
As you get more comfortable, don't be afraid to push the limits, but there is nothing wrong with just flying about 200-300 feet and taking great pictures.
Probably my favorite app is AirMap.
I also fly around Natchez Trace Parkway, now operating a drone while standing in National Parks land is off-limits, however, as long as you're standing off the property and the airspace is uncontrolled class G, they can't stop you.
I've actually flew my drone over Shiloh, I was standing on private property.
But have fun, flying is a blast!

I just brought home a Mini 2 Fly More package as part of my birthday goodies and am looking forward to learning how to fly this thing properly and get the most fun out of it. I have been researching drones for a couple of years but just never pulled the trigger. Hoping to use it to do a personal survey of my mother's land and property lines as she lives out in the country in MS and some areas are not easy access.

How does one start out right with sources of training aids on basic flight and tips/lessons learned? I have read through all the regulations, including my local regulations on drone flight and continue to read though those to make sure I am not breaking any laws or regulations.

Look forward to reading and likely asking questions as I learn to fly this thing!

Alan
Welcome from Western NC.

Many companies do online and in class training. I have done DartDrones training in person and it was well worth the price paid for a 2 day weekend class. They also offer free and paid for online training as well. Many others out there too.

DJI on it's download site has a Flight Simulator. Download it and practice with it to get something of more real world flying without actually flying. Great for days when "weather" won't allow you to play outside.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
This is excellent...thank you. Had hoped to do some backyard low level training flights but rained out so will be a few days.

Greetings! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01