DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Buckinghamshire, UK

Welcome to the forum. Sorry unable to help you here, but someone in the forum, that lives near you will help. You will find much support and advice here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Looking for help and advice as find practice locations is a minefield. I don't want to annoy anyone eg wildlife & people.

Is there actually anywhere we can fly without someone getting angry if I promise to obey all the rules and regs.
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission. If you're flying under regulations and either a designated or private property where you are allowed,
you've done your best. That doesn't mean you won't occasionally upset someone for whatever reason.. sound, privacy, name it. I'd just try to be as cordial as possible. Welcome to this wonderful forum and as a newbie, these are just my thoughts. Good luck.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Where you can legally fly your drone can be ascertained from the Drone Assist app from national air traffic control. There are others, but like everything it's not entirely perfect. Where you can practically fly is down to the drone code, and the rules are straightforward.

What I would say is that common courtesy and common sense go a long way. In my experience people are often far more interested in the drone than anything, and I've had loads of conversations with people walking past. As long as you can demonstrate to the people around you that you are being responsible, objections are few.

Today I was flying a mission over the lake in the local park. A couple walking past asked about the drone and what I was doing. I told them about pre-planned missions and they asked a few questions and wandered off. They stood by to watch the landing and gave me a thumbs up.

My tips are:-

Even if the drone is ready to go, don't start the props until they are safely out of the way. If they want to stay and watch, then that's down to them. You can say they are under your control in as much as they know what's happening and would take any safety advice given.

Never take off and land near dogs. Make a specific point if dog owners are walking past of being considerate - they always notice and say thank you .

Perfect the palm take off and land - it really impresses people and demonstrates your skill as a pilot! If you put your hand under the drone when it's coming in to land, it will usually stop, have a think and descend slowly onto your palm. Sometimes you might need to give it a bit of a down nudge with the controller to make it go the last foot or so. The motors switch off and you can then hold it normally,. having made an impressive show!

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Where you can legally fly your drone can be ascertained from the Drone Assist app from national air traffic control. There are others, but like everything it's not entirely perfect. Where you can practically fly is down to the drone code, and the rules are straightforward.

What I would say is that common courtesy and common sense go a long way. In my experience people are often far more interested in the drone than anything, and I've had loads of conversations with people walking past. As long as you can demonstrate to the people around you that you are being responsible, objections are few.

Today I was flying a mission over the lake in the local park. A couple walking past asked about the drone and what I was doing. I told them about pre-planned missions and they asked a few questions and wandered off. They stood by to watch the landing and gave me a thumbs up.

My tips are:-

Even if the drone is ready to go, don't start the props until they are safely out of the way. If they want to stay and watch, then that's down to them. You can say they are under your control in as much as they know what's happening and would take any safety advice given.

Never take off and land near dogs. Make a specific point if dog owners are walking past of being considerate.

Perfect the palm take off and land - it really impresses people and demonstrates your skill as a pilot! If you put your hand under the drone when it's coming in to land, it will usually stop, have a think and descend slowly onto your palm. Sometimes you might need to give it a bit of a down nudge with the controller to make it go the last foot or so. The motors switch off and you can then hold it normally,. having made an impressive show!
Very good advice concerning people, dogs, and communication (key).
Thanks

Reactions: Xanadu and mrjohnc1
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi from Yorkshire. Farmland works for me. Fly over the fields. The farmers don’t mind, and you tend to not get people in the middle of a wheat field.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs