DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Coventry, Uk

Dave Bunney

Reactions
Hi all,

New pilot here from Coventry Uk,

Been reading away in the background of the site for a week or so. Thought It would be better to join up and join in!

Recently got myself a mavic mini and been getting to grips with the basics and handling of the little thing.

I'm lucky enough to work where we have a a warehouse which is open so can practice inside prior to letting myself loose outdoors.

Hoping to learn and post more over the coming weeks and months!

Anyways cheers!

Dave

welcome to the forum Dave, now don't go crashing the wee fella or letting it blow away, otherwise i will have to send you to Coventry again

Hahaha, nice!!

I wont, ill be very careful and learning everything i can prior to getting out and about.

Already got myself UAV forecast as I have read a few peoples unfortunate stories of wind related issues and the app looks extremely helpful for wind speeds throughout the height ranges.

Cheers :)

Hahaha, nice!!

I wont, ill be very careful and learning everything i can prior to getting out and about.

Already got myself UAV forecast as I have read a few peoples unfortunate stories of wind related issues and the app looks extremely helpful for wind speeds throughout the height ranges.

Cheers :)
good luck looks like you are off to a good start

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Afternoon,

Did the new update this morning and had a test flight indoors just to make sure we were all good, which we were.

I then thought about the batteries. And there used to be so many different laws to batteries a while back. Don't do this dont do that.
When is the best percentage to recharge them at. I've heard people say never let it drop below 25%. Others until literally dead. I would never let my drone be far from me obviously when battery is getting on the low side, need to get the little guy back safely.

And also do they require discharge before storing for say a few weeks. England's weather is somewhat depressing and can't guarantee it'll be in the air every few days.

Cheers all.

Afternoon,

Did the new update this morning and had a test flight indoors just to make sure we were all good, which we were.

I then thought about the batteries. And there used to be so many different laws to batteries a while back. Don't do this dont do that.
When is the best percentage to recharge them at. I've heard people say never let it drop below 25%. Others until literally dead. I would never let my drone be far from me obviously when battery is getting on the low side, need to get the little guy back safely.

And also do they require discharge before storing for say a few weeks. England's weather is somewhat depressing and can't guarantee it'll be in the air every few days.

Cheers all.
Store the batteries at 40-60% and check every 30 days if you don’t use them to maintain. Charge them fully if you are going to fly in the ensuing 2-3 days.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Dave, welcome from Chicago the Windy City. We have very strong winds here, so I have been careful not to Fly My MP in high winds as well. Plus, temperature can change 40 to 50 degrees within a hour. You certainly have chosen well to
join this forum. Quite a nice selection of pilots from all over the world. This forum is very useful, in helping you to gain valuable knowledge, and confidence. Please check out Mavic tips, you can scroll thru and find answers, and info about just about anything that may be concerning you.
Blue Sky's and safe flying Dave.

Thankyou very much.
That is some serious range in a short period.
I thought the UK was unpredictable!!
Before I joined I was having a quick browse around and there is so much information and so many helpful friendly people on here willing to help in any way they can.
I am glad I have joined and hope to get mm in the air again asap this week.

Cheers

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa