DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Germany

Thanks. I've spent quite a lot of time in the Boulder area (my employer is headquartered there). It seems like Colorado would be a great area for flying. So far I'm finding the rules in Germany are a little oppressive, it seems that every little patch of trees or body of water is a designated nature reserve where flying is verboten.
Colorado is a beautiful area. I live N-NW of Boulder about an hour or so away. I'm a fan of Boulder. I'm also a fan of Germany and have a lot of family there. I've been to Karlsruhe and Durlach. Loved it there! I'm sure the flying rules would get tiresome after a while. There's a lot of places I can fly around where I live, the downfall is the wind. We get a lot of wind and I'm pretty much grounded from about OCT until late in May.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Colorado is a beautiful area. I live N-NW of Boulder about an hour or so away. I'm a fan of Boulder. I'm also a fan of Germany and have a lot of family there. I've been to Karlsruhe and Durlach. Loved it there! I'm sure the flying rules would get tiresome after a while. There's a lot of places I can fly around where I live, the downfall is the wind. We get a lot of wind and I'm pretty much grounded from about OCT until late in May.
The first time I visited Boulder I took a drive up to Estes Park and thought the Rocky Mountain National Park. It's stunning up there, although I did get caught in a thunderstorm, which was both terrifying and spectacular.

I'm right on the opposite side of Germany in Saxony. We have the Saxon-Switzerland national park nearby, which is a beautiful region popular with hikers, climbers, etc., but with it being a national park, flying drones in/over it is completely banned. I think that's fair enough and people should be able to enjoy nature in peace, but I can't help thinking how awesome it would be to fly there.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
The first time I visited Boulder I took a drive up to Estes Park and thought the Rocky Mountain National Park. It's stunning up there, although I did get caught in a thunderstorm, which was both terrifying and spectacular.

I'm right on the opposite side of Germany in Saxony. We have the Saxon-Switzerland national park nearby, which is a beautiful region popular with hikers, climbers, etc., but with it being a national park, flying drones in/over it is completely banned. I think that's fair enough and people should be able to enjoy nature in peace, but I can't help thinking how awesome it would be to fly there.
Our thunderstorms during the summer can be quite intense, and they develop rapidly. When our hiking, especially above tree line, you really need to be aware of the weather and what it's doing around you.

Sounds like you're in a very beautiful area. Switzerland has been on my bucket list for many, many years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada