DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Brasilia, Brazil

espinafre

Reactions
Hi, folks, just checking in after a couple years reading only. I'm José, I live in Brasilia, Brazil, I've just [May 1st, 2024] lost an original Mini (not SE, just a Mini 1) acquired in 2019, but an Air 2S is in transit to me. I like to travel my country by motorcycle, but the decision to buy the Air 2S is for occasional mapping of my family's crops, and also, of course, to have fun on my travels. I'm an IT worker, and I'm curious about everything tech. I've studied about remote sensing, and that's what I'm interested about now. Hobbyist Dronelink purchaser, even before I lost the Mini 1, but I hope it won't cause me problems when the Air 2S arrives. Again, I hope to contribute whatever I can.

Hi, folks, just checking in after a couple years reading only. I'm José, I live in Brasilia, Brazil, I've just [May 1st, 2024] lost an original Mini (not SE, just a Mini 1) acquired in 2019, but an Air 2S is in transit to me. I like to travel my country by motorcycle, but the decision to buy the Air 2S is for occasional mapping of my family's crops, and also, of course, to have fun on my travels. I'm an IT worker, and I'm curious about everything tech. I've studied about remote sensing, and that's what I'm interested about now. Hobbyist Dronelink purchaser, even before I lost the Mini 1, but I hope it won't cause me problems when the Air 2S arrives. Again, I hope to contribute whatever I can.
Welcome. By the sound of it: you'd be interested in the older thermal and multi-spectral phantoms as well as the mavics. Both the thermal and the m/s phantoms are used in agriculture (crop health analysis) and by archaeology surveyors (identifying sub-soil structural footprints). Handy bit o'kit... but still pretty pricey for drones that are technically obsolete.
Hope you manage to find all the answers you might be looking for.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

an Air 2S is in transit to me.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Air 2S, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Good Luck and Fly Safe!

Wow, thank you all for the warm welcome, I really didn't expect that! The Air 2S arrived today, I might use it to try and scout for the lost Mini 1. The Air 2S is really a beast! I've been consuming manuals and posts and videos and experiences with the Air 2S since before I've even lost the poor Mini 1. Today I had the first "test" flight - which consisted on hovering at about 20m ATL for a few minutes, without even bothering to warn/advise the authorities, and at night at that. Way faster, way more responsive than the Mini. I've even managed to take a beautiful night shot! Tomorrow I'll hopefully finish all the red tape for legally flying the beast.

@wjkrysak , thank you, I hope to contribute as much as I've been receiving.
@msinger , thanks, I'm feeling welcome!
@MA2 317 , thanks, I hope to visit your state someday!
@Felix le Chat , multispectral is way beyond my amateur AND 3rd world means, but in my ${DAYJOB} sometimes I work with multispectral satellite images; with the Air 2S I only expect to generate orthomosaics for crops/land use "eyeballing" ("surveying" is too strong a word...). I'm sure I'll find all the answers here, and if not, I won't be shy to ask for them :) thank you very much!
@Murph66 , thank you, you hail from a beautiful country also!
@old man mavic , thanks!
@Kendallfordguy , thank you! Also a very beautiful state, that I hope to visit some day.
@careless , thank you, Kentucky is beautiful as well, and has a lot of history!
@PakNheat380 , stunning state! The landscapes we see from Montana are breathtaking. Thanks!
@Laborous , thanks, another flabbergastingly beautiful state, albeit not very much talked about. Thank you!
@twickers14 , reading about something is NOTHING like living something, but yes, I've learned a thing or two here, and for that I'm very grateful!
@GFields , thank you very much, I sure hope to share my experiences and contribute something new to this community.
@sarahb , thanks!
@56cbr600rr , Thanks, I've once tried to fly my Mini in Maringa, to capture some footage around the Tropic of Capricorn, but the Fly App didn't allow me because of some airport nearby... by your nickname you also like motorcycles, right? We'll stay in touch.
@LoudThunder , thank you very much, and my goal is flying safe always!

Really surprised at the welcome in this forum, thank you all, people!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark