DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from (Johnstown On.)

I am a 3month newbie, got MM and MA2 , need a suggestion. Which would be the best place on line to take the Basic lic. Course? Will appreciate any information. Thanks

Welcome!
Look for 'Don Drones On' on YouTube. Don Joyce has put together an awesome set of tutorial videos. Don Drones On - Study Guide for the Drone Pilot Basic RPAS Exam.
The exam is only $10 and you can take it as many times as you need to - you would have to wait at least 24 hours between attempts, though.
My suggestions:
  • Take your time
  • Go through the video a couple of times
  • Read Part IX of the Canadian Aviation Regulations
  • Be prepared for a number of questions that don't seem related to flying a quadcopter
The exam is 35 questions. The pass mark is 60%, it's open book and you have 90 minutes to complete it.
Don lists a number of documents with the video. Keep them available.

And don't forget to register your drones ($5 each) - the fines for flying unregistered drones are kind of hefty, as is the fine for flying without a certificate.

Thanks for the information, i will definitely go for it. MA2 i did register it but not the MM. I appreciate the come back.
Welcome!
Look for 'Don Drones On' on YouTube. Don Joyce has put together an awesome set of tutorial videos. Don Drones On - Study Guide for the Drone Pilot Basic RPAS Exam.
The exam is only $10 and you can take it as many times as you need to - you would have to wait at least 24 hours between attempts, though.
My suggestions:
  • Take your time
  • Go through the video a couple of times
  • Read Part IX of the Canadian Aviation Regulations
  • Be prepared for a number of questions that don't seem related to flying a quadcopter
The exam is 35 questions. The pass mark is 60%, it's open book and you have 90 minutes to complete it.
Don lists a number of documents with the video. Keep them available.

And don't forget to register your drones ($5 each) - the fines for flying unregistered drones are kind of hefty, as is the fine for flying without a certificate.

Thanks for the information, i will definitely go for it. MA2 i did register it but not the MM. I appreciate the come back.
I missed that one is a Mini. :)

I may be flying somewhere along the St. Lawrence tomorrow - somewhere between Morrisburg and Brockville. Depends on the weather and Mrs kevbac.

As a certified RPAS pilot, I am allowed to supervise non-certified persons.

I am in between morrisburg and brockville let me know what time and location and we will connect
I'm not sure what time (or even if) I'll be at the bottom of Highway 16 - probably a little bit after lunch, but I'm going to check for some places to fly - I'm open to suggestions - and put together a site survey. I'm preparing for my Advanced flight test - passed the written exam, now I have to develop some new habits. :)

Well Johnstown is right at the end of hwy 416 the end of hwy 16 is Iroquois and no fly zone i am only 18min. Distance. Iroquois has a small plane field, in this area it is a little hard to find a legal place to fly in my are we Odgenberg airport and 3 min we got Prescott which falls in to a Enhanced warning zone, however let me know and we could connect, by land line.

Well Johnstown is right at the end of hwy 416 the end of hwy 16 is Iroquois and no fly zone i am only 18min. Distance. Iroquois has a small plane field, in this area it is a little hard to find a legal place to fly in my are we Odgenberg airport and 3 min we got Prescott which falls in to a Enhanced warning zone, however let me know and we could connect, by land line.
Iroquois is a registered aerodrome, but not certified. It's a 'fly with caution' location. The DJI app shows it, incorrectly, as NFZ but you can do a quick authorization in the app. It's ok for Basic and Advanced operations.

Well good to know thanks for the info. I guess it will be ok once i get my basic
It's also good to fly with the Mini. You just have to initiate the process and select all of the check boxes. Basically, you're just saying that if you do something wrong, DJI isn't liable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54