DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Kelowna, BC, Canada

Mothman

Reactions
Hi all, soon-to-be new Mavic Mini owner here.

I recently (through work, we will be beginning some UAV operations next year) took a RPAS ground school and got my Basic UAV pilot certificate.

I then wrote and passed the Advanced test, just waiting on a flight review (maybe next spring.... not sure yet) to get the Advanced certification.

I've had a minor interest in drones for a while. Only drone I'd owned previously was a cheap micro (VERY micro) drone that I couldn't fly to save my life. lol

Then having taken the training course through work, and doing a bit of practice flights on company-purchased Tello's, I decided to buy a Tello for myself a couple weeks back.

I've since flown it a few times, both indoors and out, and it's a fun little drone.

However, I just got the opportunity to get a Mini, so I jumped on that, and will be selling the Tello kit to a co-worker.

The Mini should arrive late this week, or next. Looking forward to it, by all accounts it's a great piece of tech, and one that I anticipate enjoying for along time.

Anyway, hello... looking forward to building my skills and getting more into this hobby.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Mothman.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi all, soon-to-be new Mavic Mini owner here.

I recently (through work, we will be beginning some UAV operations next year) took a RPAS ground school and got my Basic UAV pilot certificate.

I then wrote and passed the Advanced test, just waiting on a flight review (maybe next spring.... not sure yet) to get the Advanced certification.

I've had a minor interest in drones for a while. Only drone I'd owned previously was a cheap micro (VERY micro) drone that I couldn't fly to save my life. lol

Then having taken the training course through work, and doing a bit of practice flights on company-purchased Tello's, I decided to buy a Tello for myself a couple weeks back.

I've since flown it a few times, both indoors and out, and it's a fun little drone.

However, I just got the opportunity to get a Mini, so I jumped on that, and will be selling the Tello kit to a co-worker.

The Mini should arrive late this week, or next. Looking forward to it, by all accounts it's a great piece of tech, and one that I anticipate enjoying for along time.

Anyway, hello... looking forward to building my skills and getting more into this hobby.
Hello there fellow canadian pilot. Enjoy the MM. ?❄️?

Welcome to our forum, from Texas!

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days--you get those in the BC--, it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have several fellow Canadians among our membership, and over 120,000 more from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Greetings welcome to the forum!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa