DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Maryland!

mahjohn

Reactions
Well...it's been a long 5 months out of work due to COVID, but...now I'm back working, it's time to celebrate with a new toy....and it's going to be the Mavic Air 2 with FlyMore package, DJI replacement, and AllState Insurance :) As i'm a new drone pilot, I've watched the MA2 Deep Dive on Pilot Institute (over 3 hrs long), and signed up for the 4.5 hr Drone Flying 101 Class.

I have one question I have that I have not been able to find answer to.You're out flying and get to a location where you want to get some great footage and photos, only to see that you're too low on battery and return home to change out to a fresh one. When you takeoff again, other than remembering how the terrain looked, is there a way to have the drone go back to a specific location/height? Similar to the RTH feature, but for a location other than "home"

Thanks

welcome to the forum ,i dont think what you are asking is possible ,but maybe if you took a picture of the location ,and a screen shot which would show you a position relative to your present home point on the map as well ,then using that info you might be able to get pretty close to where you were, i have never tried it , but i am sure others will be better able to advise you

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas!

Th
e MA2 is a terrific machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in West VA! Be glad you got the Fly More kit--you'll appreciate those extra batts.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it easy). Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members world wide==including many in Maryland--to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas!

Th
e MA2 is a terrific machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in West VA! Be glad you got the Fly More kit--you'll appreciate those extra batts.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it easy). Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members world wide==including many in Maryland--to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf
I'm a forum user from BBS days, no doubt I'll be active :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

You're out flying and get to a location where you want to get some great footage and photos, only to see that you're too low on battery and return home to change out to a fresh one. When you takeoff again, other than remembering how the terrain looked, is there a way to have the drone go back to a specific location/height?
No, there is no such feature. You'll to to manually fly back and reposition your drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo