DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Minnesota!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello everyone! It’s great to be here with like minded individuals. A little about myself. I am an IT pro who likes new tech toys, photography and aircraft. So, naturally, flying drones is the intersection of all my interests and hobbies. My first drone was a Mini 2 last July and since sold it and moved into a Mini 3 pro. I mostly fly over Lakes and rivers in MN around golden hour and just before sunset to capture all the highlights in the gorgeous MN skies. I have about 13 hours and 80 flights logged and am hoping for more this summer and fall. I already registered my drone in the Drone Zone page. Hoping to meet some like minded folks here who I can learn from.

Quick question. Would y’all buy an Air 2 for $300 USD with the fly more combo even if you had a Mini 3 pro? I was wondering if it is going up for sale due to the RID requirement coming into effect in Sept and was reading that the Air 2 may not be getting the update at all or could be delayed. Can some folks shine some light on the Air 2 cost being worth it or am I just throwing money away? Note: I have the DJI RC and a RCN1 already.

Thank you for your time and feedback.
Greetings from Detroit.

Would y’all buy an Air 2 for $300 USD with the fly more combo even if you had a Mini 3 pro? I was wondering if it is going up for sale due to the RID requirement coming into effect in Sept and was reading that the Air 2 may not be getting the update at all or could be delayed. Can some folks shine some light on the Air 2 cost being worth it or am I just throwing money away? Note: I have the DJI RC and a RCN1 already.
Welcome to the forum from another MN flyer!
I happen to have both a m3pro and a air2s, worth it? Definitely if you can afford it, they both have strengths and weaknesses. Not being able to zoom in while taking a picture on the air2s is a big one for me, however the air2s has better photo quality than the m3p. The m3p is far quieter and more mobile than the air2s.
Where are you located in MN? I'm about an hour west of Minneapolis, if you are somewhere close i would be willing to meet up so you could check them out together.

Welcome to the forum from another MN flyer!
I happen to have both a m3pro and a air2s, worth it? Definitely if you can afford it, they both have strengths and weaknesses. Not being able to zoom in while taking a picture on the air2s is a big one for me, however the air2s has better photo quality than the m3p. The m3p is far quieter and more mobile than the air2s.
Where are you located in MN? I'm about an hour west of Minneapolis, if you are somewhere close i would be willing to meet up so you could check them out together.
I am in Saint Paul. I did not pull the trigger on the A2s as others were saying the A3 was due out any day now. I will send you a DM

Welcome from just north of St. Paul.
Once you get some flying experience head up to Duluth and get some video of the ships passing through the lift bridge. This is best done from just across the bridge on Minnesota Point where you can fine a place with no people. It's lots of fun.

Welcome from another MN pilot. There have been so many things I've wanted to film this summer, but the wildfire smoke has really put a damper on things
The smoke is definitely putting a damper on my flights as well. I’m sure I can get rid of some of the haze with a dehaze function in Lightroom but just going out into the smoke is killing me as someone with Covid caused Asthma. Maybe this year I will be brave and fly the M3P in the winter and capture some of those ice crystal formation on the trees we saw this winter.

Reactions: LoudThunder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne