DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from NB Canada

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I own two MP's, just got my MM2 last week, just opened the box.
Have been listening to the new pilots, flying these little guys for over a year now. Feed back has been good. Please share your thoughts as well.
Fly Safe and have fun.

Reactions: Steel63
I just discovered this forum by searching for options in regards to flying in light rain/mist with my Mini 2. I just purchased the Mini 2 Fly More combo on Saturday and the 2 year DJI Refresh along with it. I have managed to take out the Mini 2 a couple of times already and tried it in 16km/h winds on day 2. Overall I am impressed with this drone! I am from a costal town so we got a lot of rain and windy weather but also manage to see the sun a few times.

In addition to the Mini 2 I have been playing around with Adobe Creative Cloud (photography package) for my Cannon EOS M100. I plan to continue learning using shots from the drone as well. Overall fairly new to photography.
Hey @Arkhira!

Welcome to the forum!

PSA: Always consider the direction of the wind when flying over water and battery levels. (Nearly lost an Inspire 1 to a lakebecause I didn't check.)
Closer to the water/ground the lower the wind speed (easier to get to the home point if batteries are low and fighting a head wind.)
I lived near Sussex for a while, you are in a beautiful part of the country!

I recommend using www.windy.com to check wind strength & direction before flying.

Cheers,

Miner_Jeff

Hey @Arkhira!

Welcome to the forum!

PSA: Always consider the direction of the wind when flying over water and battery levels. (Nearly lost an Inspire 1 to a lakebecause I didn't check.)
Closer to the water/ground the lower the wind speed (easier to get to the home point if batteries are low and fighting a head wind.)
I lived near Sussex for a while, you are in a beautiful part of the country!

I recommend using www.windy.com to check wind strength & direction before flying.

Cheers,

Miner_Jeff

Thanks for the heads up! I was using a different site for harbor wind speeds since most weather sites seem to use the airport. I will check it out! I cannot wait for the Fall in Sussex/Hampton/Kingston for some drone shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7