DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Oakland

Hello fellow Mavic Air 2 Oakland drone pilot!!! I can recommend lots of places - and share some videos with you if you're interested. Have you found any places to fly yet?
Okay, here you go even though you didn't ask for it. A few drone videos shot within a few miles of Oakland, California.

Lately, I've been playing with cloud hyperlapses - we've had a lot of great clouds to shoot for the last week. I can fly out over the Bay safely and make nice, long hyperlapses. I can keep a solid visual line of sight for a good 2,300 feet or so on a clear day. The only real danger is the Coast Guard helicopters that fly without ADS-B (the thing that makes your controller say, "Aircraft approaching...") and they fly low and fast. Good to know how to do a CSC for just that situation, just in case - and hope you can do an heroic restart before you hit the ground and fly another day.

Here's one I shot yesterday:

There's also the fabulous Albany Bulb to explore.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60