DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello, from Orange County CA

Hello all,

I recently retired after a 34 year career. I live in North Orange County, CA. I have been interested in camera drones for a long time, but never bought any equipment because my work hours were insane. Now that I have a lot of free time, I took the plunge. I wanted something that would be easy for a beginner to learn and also be viable for intermediate drone activities. After some research, I decided on the DJI Air 3, even though I will have to register it with the FAA.

I just purchased the DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo w/RC-N2 controller. I also bought a Tripltek 9 pro to use with it. Right now, I just want to have fun learning how to use the drone and get lots of practice. I plan on taking a lot of road trips and visiting interesting places, mostly on the western half of the US. This equipment should be plenty for me to get some really interesting 4k video.

If I really end up loving this hobby, I may get the Part 107 certification and learn how to do mapping. Then I can start doing some part time work to keep me busy and earn a little extra income. Boredom sucks!
Welcome aboard from your neighbor down south in the northern part of San Diego County.

Welcome aboard from your neighbor down south in the northern part of San Diego County.
I am in Fallbrook monthly. You must be close. BTW if you want some good wine, visit Effenberger Vineyards. My cousin is the owner..

Reactions: RangerEd
Hello all,

I recently retired after a 34 year career. I live in North Orange County, CA. I have been interested in camera drones for a long time, but never bought any equipment because my work hours were insane. Now that I have a lot of free time, I took the plunge. I wanted something that would be easy for a beginner to learn and also be viable for intermediate drone activities. After some research, I decided on the DJI Air 3, even though I will have to register it with the FAA.

I just purchased the DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo w/RC-N2 controller. I also bought a Tripltek 9 pro to use with it. Right now, I just want to have fun learning how to use the drone and get lots of practice. I plan on taking a lot of road trips and visiting interesting places, mostly on the western half of the US. This equipment should be plenty for me to get some really interesting 4k video.

If I really end up loving this hobby, I may get the Part 107 certification and learn how to do mapping. Then I can start doing some part time work to keep me busy and earn a little extra income. Boredom sucks!
I’m also retired and probably not that far away. I have a great flying area by me if you’re interested. I’m using the Mavic Enterprise.

Reactions: wmrichar
I’m also retired and probably not that far away. I have a great flying area by me if you’re interested. I’m using the Mavic Enterprise.
Hi there! I live in the Buena Park/Anaheim area. I have my drone ready to fly and today was going to be the day, but my wife had other plans for me. It would be great to meet up with someone who has some experience, for sure.

Otherwise, knowing a good place to go would be great. The immediate area around me only allows between 50' and 100' altitude because of the Fullerton airport and the reserve bas in Los Alamitos and of course because of those airports, there are huge areas around me o cannot fly at all.

Thank you very much!

Hello all,

Totally agree.... Boredom is the killer after retirement and not everybody likes golf and pastel coloured trousers. Luckily, I used my contacts and turned a new 'hobby' into a niche business myself, so the old workhorse still gets the official pasture but also still gets to work. Win/win without paisley socks. Welcome to the forum

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13