DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from South Florida, just completed first flight!

Hello from South FL. Successful first flight this afternoon of my first ever drone! Went with the DJI Mini 2 (now named Cricket) and fortunately it is still in my possession without a nick of damage.

Been studying up for Part 107, watching multiple videos, and reading this forum for a couple weeks before I attempted a flight. Found a large open area for the first attempt and used a landing pad for launch/landing. It was actually easier to control this little drone than I anticipated. Held position perfectly, responded well, and the landings went far better than I thought they would.

The only time I panicked was the very first time I hit RTH. Cricket was about 80m out and 30m up. I unknowingly left the RTH height at 100m. So when I hit RTH and I saw her climbing up out of sight, I initially thought she was going rogue and flying off. Tried to remain calm and watched the distance numbers and I quickly realized what was going on.

The only concern I have is VLOS. I always tried to maintain a visual but I found this drone is so tiny, I could not see it against the sky more than 60-70m away. Does not help that I need reading glasses to see my screen while peering over them to scan for Cricket. ?‍♂️
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mini 2, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost