DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hello from the uk

xboxmoddr

Reactions
hi every1 i just got a mini mavic combo to join my drone crew (lol) i have not been flying long i have a p2v+ and a p3s and now a mm i think it is a brill little drone seems more responsive than my phantoms the only thing is i have to borrow wifes phone as my moto g6play wont run the fly app so am looking at a new phone was looking at the samsung a21s has anyone got one does it work with the flyapp thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

If you’re otherwise happy with your current phone you could consider buying a second hand iPhone (4/5/6/7...) which you could pick up for no more than 150 quid and use it as a dedicated “drone phone“ for the DJI apps plus all other drone apps, google maps and a few more. You’d have ample space to save all your videos and photos on the “new” phone without having to worry about storage space. iPhones work very well with DJI apps in my experience.

hi rsdonovan was thinking bout this but had a bad dealing with apple over my iphone 4s many years ago and vowed never to go back but i might just have to was looking at a referb ipad mini 4 as read some where they work and has a decent display but we will see but i do like samsung less restricted to what you can do on it but overall would be nice to have a new phone too lol just a bit miffed after spending £470 ish on combo gonna have to spend bit more to use it but needs must

Xbox... I’ve always had Apple with no problem except for the outrageous price! iPad mini a good call but remember if you get one without SIM card the map won’t work in the DJI FLY app unless you preload the map data for the relevant area into the iPad before flying.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome back to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the windy City. We have a international pilot brother hood, pilots helping each
other, showing love of neighbor. This forum is a useful to gain knowledge and confidence when flying your bird.
Besides the personal help, that is available from some very knowledgeable pilots you can search Mavic Help and
Mavic Tips section. Happy flying and Blue Skies to you.

hi i can confirm that the samsung A21s does work with the dji fly app so for a 6.5 inch screen only £150 in argos and no need to nag the wife to borrow her phone no more :) Thumbswayup

Attachments

• mav 1.jpg
    mav 1.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 3
  • mav 2.jpg
    mav 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • mav 3.jpg
    mav 3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: mrjohnc1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case