DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Townsville Australia

Slopokin

Reactions
I am very new to flying drones and purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum and have only flown it a few times.
In my limited wisdom, last week purchased a DJI Smart Controller and am now concerned after further investigations find that this controller may not be compatible with the Mavis Pro Platinum.

Am I correct and made an incorrect decision and if so is there any software that can be updated to make these units compatible.
Your advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Slopokin.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying your Mavic Platinum or any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Australia. Whenever you need help, there are over 120,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/avic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

I am very new to flying drones and purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum and have only flown it a few times.
In my limited wisdom, last week purchased a DJI Smart Controller and am now concerned after further investigations find that this controller may not be compatible with the Mavis Pro Platinum.

Am I correct and made an incorrect decision and if so is there any software that can be updated to make these units compatible.

Yes, unfortunately your Smart Controller is not compatible with the Mavic Pro (Ocusync 1.0 transmission system), it's only compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro/ Zoom, the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and the Mavic Air 2.
All of these newer drones use the same Ocusync 2.0 transmission system the Smart Controller uses.

Hi Slopokin Welcome to Mavic Pilots
I concur with lannes but say as you have it keep it for when you decide to upgrade to another Mavic, I have one for my M2P and love it.

New flyer advice.
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mavic Pro manual HERE

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and helpful advice. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

G’day from the NSW Northern Rivers. Sad to say it won’t work with your drone. Support has just been added for the Mavic Air 2. The CrystalSky might work with your drone—perhaps someone can confirm or deny that?

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions. There are also some good videos by Flytpath on YouTube, he takes you from unboxing to your first flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000