DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Woodstock Ontario!

RKX

Reactions
Hello and good day to everyone :) Good day today I just received my Mavic Pro, I am so looking forward to flying her, and a little trepidation (as I've been reading all the issues people have run into,) it's always best to read issues people have before you get into something different since I feel it will help you see the issues beforehand and you can react better but you can explain yourself more

History.
I'm based in southern ontario canada, Been into R/c for 35+ years, although its always been ground based, I've built cars, trucks, electric/gas, I used to run a hobby shop so I did a lot of car building. but very little flying r/c. Last year I got into drone flying, wanted to go right into a dji of course but just knew that was a bad idea plus they are rather pricey. First collective pitched heli (and last) I bought I crashed in 15 seconds (and is still in my basement to remind me). So I have been patiently upgrading my drones while I learn. Started on a holystone f181 chase. Then after a week I accidentally sank it in my pond, oops, then tried a few real cheap drones that were ok but murder to fly. No fun at all. After that I stepped up into MJX's bugs line. Started with a bugs 3, so I had to learn full manual flight on that and I wanted to as it can do nothing but help you with a big drone and emergency situations if they ever happen, then started getting into hooking up an action cam to it. Loved that. but of course with a battery life of only 5-7 minutes I was frustrated. Plus I always want to fly a lot further away. No fpv feeds so I flew blindly trying to get shots guessing at angles and position by watching the drone. A great way to learn both manual flight, smooth control, and positioning. From that at the end of summer I upgraded to a bugs 2w full gps, built in camera with wifi video. from there I was in love with drone flying and flew a few times a day every day both before work and at lunch then at home after work to rack up the flight time. Of course the bugs 2w still had a lot of issues, 7 min flight times, camera still sucked, and the wifi loses the video feed after a few hundred feet. and no gimbal. So great shots, but I'm tired of jello video ;)

This year I decided I was going to pull the trigger on a dji. I was going to go with the mavic air, but decided I wanted the better range of the mavic, the ocusync transmitter was the big thing for me range, and full telemetry (which I was used to on the bugs 2), I wanted rock solid signal and video at distance. so I found a factory refurb mavic from dji's refurb section last week, same price as a brand new MA (and being in canada I could buy the refurb mavic, dji refresh and have everything for cheaper than a mavic air, and about 500 cheaper than a brand new pro) so while I am late to the mavic party of fun, I am looking forward to it :)

I've spent the last 5 days going over every instructional mavic video there is on youtube (no exaggeration as I'm currently unemployed right now so I had the time, I put it to productive use :) ), and just poured over this site for the last 2 days taking in all I can. so now that I am all caught up I am just waiting for DHL, then I can start all my updates, charging, inspections and test flights to build up my confidence in my mavic so I can get the most of out of it by the time the great weather finally arrives :)

I am looking forward to reading more of everyone's posts and getting involved in the site, I have 13 years of diagnostics experience in mechanical and electronic gear so I am hoping to be able to provide help and insights where I can to help others, while I learn myself too.

I've been able to get good drone videos from crappy gear so I'm looking forward to what the mavic can do. Luckily spring is finally now upon us up here and I will be able to get back out flying every day :)

Well now that I've bored everyone to death

Hello from Ontario Canada!

*as I sit patiently staring out my window waiting for the delivery truck*

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

I'm sure I will be posting shortly, I just got my mavic out of the box and one of the motors doesn't sound as smooth so I will be looking for opinions :( sigh. I hate having ocd sometimes :( Just about to do my updates :)

thanks for the welcome :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929