DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help.... Connecting micro ribbon cable connectors.

Dee0041

Reactions
I bought two crashed mini 2's of which I am building one good one. Is there a trick to aligning and attaching the micro connectors of the ribbon cables? I'm having a heck of a time and am bending pins no mater how careful I am. Even using an electronic microscope is useless. Quite frustrating to say the least. I'm hoping someone has a trick to share. All the mounds of hot melt glue have been removed. I'm not new to drones as I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic 2 Pro as well as several free style home built FPV drones. But these these connections are the biggest nightmare I've faced in the drone hobby. Thanks in advance.

Head mounted magnifying glass with a built in light? But the connectors are awkward beep beeps.
If you have grand kids let them try to help Grand Dad, their fingers and eyesight may be more suitable. That said if you have bent pins I think you are going to be lucky to get things fixed.

Head mounted magnifying glass with a built in light? But the connectors are awkward beep beeps.
If you have grand kids let them try to help Grand Dad, their fingers and eyesight may be more suitable. That said if you have bent pins I think you are going to be lucky to get things fixed.
Thanks. I tried those head mounted magnifiers. I have bought new cables but am a little gun shy lol.

Is there a trick to aligning and attaching the micro connectors of the ribbon cables?
Makers Mark is your friend for this step also a second old drone to throw across the room in frustration will save you time and money. I know of no other "trick" Besides Lots of patience, tweezers, and good light.
I have bought new cables but am a little gun shy lol.
Should get two Remember the Rafferty Rule: If you get it wrong you'll get it right next time. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee0041
Makers Mark is your friend for this step also a second old drone to throw across the room in frustration will save you time and money. I know of no other "trick" Besides Lots of patience, tweezers, and good light.

Should get two Remember the Rafferty Rule: If you get it wrong you'll get it right next time. :)

Makers Mark (....Bourbon....lol}?

I feel so stupid lol. This morning I gave it another go and they all just popped in with ease. I used just a simple magnifying glass for one that was giving me the most trouble and got it lined up and it popped in. Thanks to you guys I just settled myself down and with a clear head it worked out well. Cheers all. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas