DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help - encoding problem with videos and am getting the

DavidJL39

Reactions
Spent this morning taking some videos. Now trying to see them and am getting a message that the item was encoded in a format not supported. Error code is 0xc00d5212.

This is my first attempt at videoing with the Mavic 2 Pro. I have not had a similar problem with the Phantom 4 that I had previously..

I hope someone can advise as to how I can overcome the problem?

David

You probably recorded the video using the H.265 codec. Windows removed the native H.265 compatibility (for some strange reason) but if you go here, this describes how to get it back. How to play HEVC coded videos on Windows 10 now

Please post
Format/resolution, SD card typ/rating, type of all equipment used and how connected as well as to what.
More info will get you a better direct answer.

Spent this morning taking some videos. Now trying to see them and am getting a message that the item was encoded in a format not supported. Error code is 0xc00d5212.

This is my first attempt at videoing with the Mavic 2 Pro. I have not had a similar problem with the Phantom 4 that I had previously..

David

Try using VLC Player. If that doesn’t work try transcoding with Handbrake

David
I agree with @Aerial-Pixel ... There have been many posts on this forum that end up at the conclusion that there's an incompatibility between the H.256 HD codec (that the Mav' 2 Pro seems to be set to use by default) - and the PC or Mac hardware that is being used to view and edit the Mav's videos.
Try setting the HD codec as H.264 (Go4 vid' settings), and see if that makes a difference to the 'stability' of the videos that you take. If so, you can then confidently look for a solution that's all about making your kit compatible with H.265 encoded video files.
If it makes no difference, then you could be looking at a problem with the SD card (type - or faulty?).

David

Hi David

If you recorded video in H.265 format
It will not play on Windows 10
I had this problem before
You can easy fix it
Go to Microsoft store and buy for $.99
Patch for H.265 after that you can play your videos

If HVEC compatibility is your issue only newer versions of VLC will play the file without fiddling around with CODEC libraries.

You should not have to transcode the file to play it. Worst case you may need to update your OSX version (if Mac) or reinstall the HVEC driver (windows).

Hi David

If you recorded video in H.265 format
It will not play on Windows 10
I had this problem before
You can easy fix it
Go to Microsoft store and buy for $.99
Patch for H.265 after that you can play your videos
It may not play in the built-in Windows 10 video player, but there's no need to buy a codec. Just use the free VLC media player as others have suggested. It has the codec built in. It's also a better player.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I am probably missing something here but my H.265 native files play fine in Windoze Media Player as well as VLC. I'm using Win10 Pro although I doubt that is relevant. Perhaps the nVidia graphics card is a player? But I have never had to add a codec in order to play those files with Media Player.

Different versions may be act differently but I had this problem before and I fix if by installing this code
Please see link below

Also please do not forget
We are talking about H.265
Not H.264
Because H.264 will play with no any problems

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12