DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help - first crash incident

dbrinton

Reactions
Grandkids ran my MM into the foilage of a tree and one of the arms was cracked completely around in the fall. A couple of the props will need to be replaced. My question - is this drone designed to be user-servicable for replacement of broken parts (arm and props), or does it need to be sent to DJI for repair. I do have tools and some experience from working wih R/C planes and helis for a long time. If user-servicable, where is a good place to order parts for shipping to the pacific NW area of the US? Thank You

Reactions: Droniac
IMHO they are not user serviceable, unless you have really good eyes and small tools.

When mine needed work I sent it out to a former member who had a garage full of parts and the knowledge to work on them

Reactions: Droniac
Grandkids ran my MM into the foilage of a tree and one of the arms was cracked completely around in the fall. A couple of the props will need to be replaced. My question - is this drone designed to be user-servicable for replacement of broken parts (arm and props), or does it need to be sent to DJI for repair. I do have tools and some experience from working wih R/C planes and helis for a long time. If user-servicable, where is a good place to order parts for shipping to the pacific NW area of the US? Thank You
I see your in Graham, WA. There’s a drone repair in Tacoma, Seattle Drone Repair. I’ve talked to the staff at their Seattle location, but I’ve seen posts by the staff of the Tacoma location on PNW drone Facebook page. They might be a resource in getting parts, or if you have a problem trying the repair yourself. No, I am not affiliated with them. I actually had a minor mishap myself yesterday and will be visiting the Seattle location today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929