DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help getting litchi to connect

Opfor

Reactions
So I made the jump over from flying the P4 to the new mavic platinum. Having some issues getting litchi to work. It worked fine with the P4 but, only by using the older version....3.9 I think, 4.1 kept crashing with the P4. I can't seem to get litchi to connect to the drone now and wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Using my shield tablet and here is what I have tried so far.
First tried the old litchi 3.9 version, no connect.
Upgraded to the new 4.1, still no connect.
Installed DJI app, made sure all updates were good (did it earlier on my phone) but doing it again in case the tablet needed something, then I uninstalled the app since there is some known issue between it and litchi.
Still no connect.

Am I missing something basic that I forgot to do...been over a year since I originally installed and had it working.

Reactions: borzoiboy
Ok, so I uninstalled litchi, reinstalled and got it to at least connect.....for about 10 seconds and then the app crashed....geez....looks like I will have to go and uninstall and try to find the old 3.9 version....when will they ever fix this issue with crashing? Anyone else having this issue?

Force close all apps on your device and disconnect from the controller.

Start Controller.

Start MPP.

Wait for the link to connect...

Connect device to controller.

Start Litchi.

- With my setup, I can not switch between apps after the initial link and control is established.

This has been the only way I can get good control. If I want to use another app for different mission set, I need to land the MPP and completely power down and restart the sequence above.

I will give this a try, thank you. What version of Litchi are you using. The older 3.9.2 or 4.1?

Tried what you suggested, still no go. I have camera view, can tilt camera, c1 and c2 work but yet it says disconnected at the top. I'm android based with this tablet...not sure if that is the issue.

So you still have the DJI Go 4 app on your tablet or phone? I saw a message earlier that it had to be removed to work on some devices or would not allow Litchi to work.

@uavgaflight check https://flylitchi.com/help there's a known issue (marked in red): For Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi Mi5 and LG G4 devices running Android 6+, connecting to Litchi with any aircraft model except the P3Standard/P34K/Spark will only work if Litchi is the only DJI-based app installed on the device (DJI Go, or other third party DJI apps must not be installed on the same device).

Yes, I saw this as well and made sure to have it removed. Litchi replied back to me with a new beta 4.4 that I'm going to try in a few days.

Yes, it's bad enough I can't keep the main platform from crashing much less now a beta. I've never been a fan of beta testing anything.

If you're on Android, one PITA about using Litchi (and this is not Litchi's fault) is that newer versions of Android want to assign a "Default App" to launch whenever you plug the remote controller into the USB port on the phone. Older versions of Android gave you the option of launching an app "Just Once" or "Always" which was great because it let you select which app you wanted to use for that flight, but the latest Android did away with the "Just Once" option, and whichever app you pick becomes the default and the others get locked out/denied permission to access the USB port. So now if you want to switch between Litchi and Go 4 you have to go into the App settings and clear the defaults for Go 4 and/or Litchi, then plug in the USB cable and re-select the one you want to fly with during the session. If you run Litchi while Go 4 is selected as the default Android locks Litchi out of the USB port and you get all sorts of weird behavior.

Yes, aware of this, also mentioned previously I don't even have the Go 4 installed so should not be an issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks