DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help.... issues with my mavic pro zoom.

My zoom will not stay connected when powered up. Will start and can fly. Also shows mag interference when nothing close to drone.
If it will start and you can fly, then the drone is connected to the RC.
Maybe you mean that your phone will not stay connected to your controller?

Reactions: Cafguy
While drone is flying nearby it shows "air craft disconnected' screen goes black and white, no control, then flicks back to normal, lasting a few seconds.
also shows mag interference with no magnets or metal nearby.

While drone is flying nearby it shows "air craft disconnected' screen goes black and white, no control, then flicks back to normal, lasting a few seconds.
also shows mag interference with no magnets or metal nearby.
OK. First the interference message.
One of my Mavic 2 drones also shows mag interference on almost every startup. It is a "false positive". You can check in the menu settings under "Sensors state", it shows the state of the compass and IMU. Despite the message, the compass is perfectly fine and no interference. Try checking that on your drone.
Does the message disappear if you calibrate the compass?

The disconnection issue has most likely nothing to do with the interference message. It could be a hardware fault. But first I would try to uninstall the Go4 app and reinstall it. If that does not help maybe try to reflash the firmware in the drone. What firmware version are you on?

It could be a hardware fault.
If the OP is using and controller that needs a phone (RC1A or RC1B ) then my first thought would be either a dodgy cable or dodgy sockets in the phone and or controller.
Fortunately they can disconnect the side cable from the controller ( that is a MUSt for this to work) and connect a std USB to phone cable to the normal sized USB socket that is between the controllers arms.

If they are using a smart controller then ignore this post.

My zoom will not stay connected when powered up. Will start and can fly. Also shows mag interference when nothing close to drone.
that I know of there is no mavic pro zoom drone. There is a mavic pro and there is a mavic 2 pro and a mavic 2 zoom.
Also which controller are you using, the model number is probably on the back of the controller.

If the OP is using and controller that needs a phone (RC1A or RC1B ) then my first thought would be either a dodgy cable or dodgy sockets in the phone and or controller.
Fortunately they can disconnect the side cable from the controller ( that is a MUSt for this to work) and connect a std USB to phone cable to the normal sized USB socket that is between the controllers arms.

If they are using a smart controller then ignore this post.
Thanks for the response
The charge port is dodgy and seems loose, so it makes sense that would mess with the connection. I also have a pro 2 that won't charge due to the damaged port. Sending to dji for repair.

One of my Mavic 2 drones also shows mag interference on almost every startup. It is a "false positive". You can check in the menu settings under "Sensors state", it shows the state of the compass and IMU. Despite the message, the compass is perfectly fine and no interference. Try checking that on your drone.

The disconnection issue has most likely nothing to do with the interference message. It could be a hardware fault. But first I would try to uninstall the Go4 app and reinstall it. If that does not help maybe try to reflash the firmware in the drone. What firmware version are you on?
Did the go4 reinstall and have the latest firmware as per banner on go4 start. I'll try a USB to phone cable for disconnected issue. Thanks

But OP says that he gets the message "aircraft disconnected". I thought that this message only referred to lost link between the RC and the drone.

But OP says that he gets the message "aircraft disconnected". I thought that this message only referred to lost link between the RC and the drone.
You are correct but it not unusual for the disconnection message to be misread or incorrectly quoted.

Reactions: waynorth
Thanks for the response
The charge port is dodgy and seems loose, so it makes sense that would mess with the connection. I also have a pro 2 that won't charge due to the damaged port. Sending to dji for repair.
The micro-USB charge port connector is a weak point on these controllers. But if you are a little handy it is not difficult to repair it yourself - it does require some soldering, though. There are several good videos on youtube describing the process.
As said in post 7, use the larger USB-A port for connection to the phone, and the charge port only for charging.

it does require some soldering
If you are attempting to change just the port connector itself that’s correct.
The other choice would be to replace the entire board which can cost less than 10.00
and takes about an hour to swap out.

If reinstalling Go4, you must install from DJI site.

that I know of there is no mavic pro zoom drone. There is a mavic pro and there is a mavic 2 pro and a mavic 2 zoom.
Also which controller are you using, the model number is probably on the back of the controller.
Rc1B
There might be the problem. Go4 only available for Samsung 59.... I have been using my samsung A52 from the start.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat