DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! LAANC and DJI smart controller

vascodixon

Reactions
HEllo, I am using the Mavic 2 pro, along with the DJI smart controller. I live by a small regional airport in controlled airspace LAANC saye authorization to 100 feet. When I try to take off it prompts me to answer a few questions, and I get a successful message. How to I transfer that approval over to my drone, I've repeated this process, but keep getting a can't takeoff message due to controlled airspace. Please advise

You are dealing with two separate things. One is, LAANC approval and the other is DJI's GEO Fencing. Sorry but you have to do both.

HEllo, I am using the Mavic 2 pro, along with the DJI smart controller. I live by a small regional airport in controlled airspace LAANC saye authorization to 100 feet. When I try to take off it prompts me to answer a few questions, and I get a successful message. How to I transfer that approval over to my drone, I've repeated this process, but keep getting a can't takeoff message due to controlled airspace. Please advise
First, you have to request and receive a LAANC authorization, using your computer, phone, or the smart controller. That clears you with the FAA. Then you need to log into your account at https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and use the information from your LAANC approval to unlock the flight area. That causes DJI to unlock the flight area for your drone.

First, you have to request and receive a LAANC authorization, using your computer, phone, or the smart controller. That clears you with the FAA. Then you need to log into your account at https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and use the information from your LAANC approval to unlock the flight area. That causes DJI to unlock the flight area for your drone.
Thank You. I also had to do an update, now I have a bigger problem...My smart controller communicates with the drone, and can control the camera operations, but wont takeoff. Any ideas?

Thank You. I also had to do an update, now I have a bigger problem...My smart controller communicates with the drone, and can control the camera operations, but wont takeoff. Any ideas?
Did you successfully get LAANC authorization and use it to unlock the zone at https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock?

What does "won't takeoff" mean? Is there an error message? No response at all to moving the sticks back and inward? Do the motors start? Do the motors start but you can't increase the speed?

He also needs to go into the fly app settings and turn on the unlock code
I think it’s the Go4 app, not the Fly app. And if you get an unlock license from DJI, you have to get it into/onto your controller by logging into your account on the controller, in a WiFi environment. Then, when you start the aircraft (and maybe you need to be in the target area when you do this) you need to transfer the license to the aircraft.

Step 1. As stated above use your LANNC authorization in your request to DJI to gain an unlock
Step 2. Once that is successful (you will get a msg telling you of approvful)
Step 3. check your SC under unlock authorization to view the unlock (you may need to import it to the drone)
Step 4. under aircraft in the unlock section make sure you slide the tab to on (turn Green)

You need to have wifi connection to keep the authorization active and logged in to your DJI account. You should see the "not able to take off"(RED) message go to GPS mode (Green) then proceed with your flight as normal. One more reminder if you fly outside of the unlocked area your drone will see that area as controlled airspace and will stop in its tracks and may go into a force landing mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas