DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Mavic air problem

Grantk

Reactions
Hi Folks,
I’m a newbie on this forum so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I’ve been flying my quad for about three weeks without any problems. Until today that is. I used a different cell phone Than usual an Apple 7 to control the drone. Everything looked ok on the app but after I took off the controls seemed ok until I attempted to go forward and the drone refused to move forwards or backwards. Going up, or down, yawing and landing ok. But no forward or backward movement. Am I missing something simple?
Thanks in advance.

I've noticed that when you hit the "Pause" button, it takes a few seconds for the drone to respond to commands again. But I agree with Boblui, an obstacles will stop that thing in its tracks (and that's a good thing)

I thanks for the responses.
Neither answer seem to apply. The drone bleeps continually, but that's because it is detecting me I would have thought. In P mode it will take off and in response to the right stick it will fly left or right, but not forward or backward.
If it had something to do with detecting me I would have thought that it would not fly back towards me. I experimented today and switched to S mode. Pushing forward on the right stick resulted in the drone flying forwards at full speed. So I can fly the drone but only in S mode. What am I missing?

I thanks for the responses.
Neither answer seem to apply. The drone bleeps continually, but that's because it is detecting me I would have thought. In P mode it will take off and in response to the right stick it will fly left or right, but not forward or backward.
If it had something to do with detecting me I would have thought that it would not fly back towards me. I experimented today and switched to S mode. Pushing forward on the right stick resulted in the drone flying forwards at full speed. So I can fly the drone but only in S mode. What am I missing?
try taking the drone higher so it does not detect you

Can't fo that at the moment. I'm flying in a very small garden and don't want to upset my neighbours. I can understand the drone not flying towards me, but am at a loss to understand why it will do so in S mode.

Can't fo that at the moment. I'm flying in a very small garden and don't want to upset my neighbours. I can understand the drone not flying towards me, but am at a loss to understand why it will do so in S mode.
sports mode turns off the sensors you need a bigger space turn the drone 90degrees then try but beware do not try sideways as sensors not on sides

Check or even toggle the remote stick mode. Most of us fly mode 2.

The app should show where your obstacles are if you have radar view on. You may have had an obstacle in front of your ACas well as you being behind it.

Last edited:
I just got my Mavic Air, but I keep getting a “camera error code 4,” and no video image on the phone. Is this a lemon? Should I return it? Or is there some simple configuration issue I’m missing? I also had problems registering and updating firmware, but that was eventually settled after many attempts.

Never had that error in the 2+ years I've owned a Mavic Air. Yours might be a lemon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada