DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP Mavic Mini 1 gimbal tilting issue

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions
Hello everyone hope all is well. I have a 2 year old mm1. All firmware is up to date and I usually calibrate everything including the gimbal before I take off. When I fly on calm days with zero wind, when I am yawing and moving either left or right the gimbal will tilt in the opposite direction I’m flying. I have tried flying in position and cine mode and had no luck. Edit: the drone has been crashed only once and has had the top shell replaced but the impact was by the battery bay and the gimbal was undamaged.

Curious as to the calibrate “everything before I take off”.
Seems odd.

@-MavicMiniPilot sounds like its in fpv mode try changing it to follow and back to fpv then back to follow and see if that cures it

@-MavicMiniPilot ok have you checked the mounting rubbers to see if any of them have become disconnected,possibly during the crash ,or it could be that the gimbal itself got damaged when it crashed check the gaps where the gimbal pivots

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
@-MavicMiniPilot ok have you checked the mounting rubbers to see if any of them have become disconnected,possibly during the crash ,or it could be that the gimbal itself got damaged when it crashed check the gaps where the gimbal pivots
They are all in place and the gimbal is not physically damaged. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: old man mavic
@-MavicMiniPilot thanks for the update sorry that your gimbal is damaged ,hope you can get it fixed

My mini 2 had a crack support arm on the gimble resulting in a tilt too. I was able to repair it myself after watching several YT repair vids. I was able to remove the rubber shock absorbers and gently pull the gimble assembly out. My first attempt I used super glue. Did not hold. Second attempt, I used 2 part epoxy mixed with tiny bits of tissue to make a moldable paste. I then applied to the broken bracket via toothpick. After a day of rest, it was flying with no gimble issues. Hope you can repair yours.

My mini 2 had a crack support arm on the gimble resulting in a tilt too. I was able to repair it myself after watching several YT repair vids. I was able to remove the rubber shock absorbers and gently pull the gimble assembly out. My first attempt I used super glue. Did not hold. Second attempt, I used 2 part epoxy mixed with tiny bits of tissue to make a moldable paste. I then applied to the broken bracket via toothpick. After a day of rest, it was flying with no gimble issues. Hope you can repair yours.
I’m trying super glue but I don’t think it will work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54