DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help - Mavic on FW .700 and RC on .550

conorearly

Reactions
My Mavic currently has firmware .700 and the RC has .550 (came from Amazon that way). I was hoping to upgrade the RC to .700 so they’re both on the same FW version , but the only versions available through Assistant 2 for the RC are .1000 +. I’ve found the .bin file for .700 for the RC - does anyone know how to load this manually though Assistant? I didn’t know if this is possible since it’s a roll forward (as opposed to rollback).

If not, are there any disadvantages for upgrading the RC to .1000+ while the Mavic remains on .700?

I’m not interested in leaving .700 on the Mavic, so any comments suggesting I upgrade both to the current FW are not helpful to this discussion.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!!

Thanks for the info rickw! I should have mentioned earlier that I’m using a Mac, so installing DUMLDore would require me to install Parallels/Windows (tedious steps I was hoping to avoid to just update the RC firmware). Any other options you’re aware of for going to a specific firmware on the RC?

It’s really too bad DJI makes it so difficult to move between firmware versions :-/

you could pay flyflydrones to do it for you,sorry you would still need pc,don't you have a friend with a pc or laptop you could borrow?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair