DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP- Mavic Pro controller not connecting after firmware update

coshea1

Reactions
I updated the firmware of my standard Mavic Pro. After the update the controller wouldn't connect either to the aircraft, to the mobile app (latest version running on android One Plus 3), or the DJI assistant 2 app (latest verison running Macbook Pro.)

The screen simply says "connecting," constantly. When I connect it to the assistant 2 app on my laptop the app fails to acknowledge the controller. I have tried a different device (Samsung Galaxy ace) and using a different chord- same result. The aircraft itself connects to the DJI Assist 2 app perfectly.
I think this might be driver error? But I'm not sure.
PLEASE help with this- I'm currently on a shoot in Utah and can't work without it!
Thanks!
Chris

Is the little switch by the as card slot in RC mode?

Not sure I understand the extent of the 'non-connection' but...
you can "force" a connection per DJI directions by holding down 4 buttons simultaneously on the controller (check manual for which buttons). This may be bad in some other way but it works for me every time I need to connect when all I am getting is ("connecting")….which isn't happening.

I hope your shoot is not spoiled with funky drone behavior. I printed and bound a copy (readable with my 'old' eyes) of the Mavic Pro User Manual. I also print and keep one copy with all 3 Mavic Pro's that I own and fly.

Not sure I understand the extent of the 'non-connection' but...
you can "force" a connection per DJI directions by holding down 4 buttons simultaneously on the controller (check manual for which buttons). This may be bad in some other way but it works for me every time I need to connect when all I am getting is ("connecting")….which isn't happening.
I hope your shoot is not spoiled with funky drone behavior. I printed and bound a copy (readable with my 'old' eyes) of the Mavic Pro User Manual. I also print and keep one copy with all 3 Mavic Pro's that I own and fly.

I have had the same issues as coshea1 and after trying Matparlier's suggestion I am still not getting any connection. :/

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny