DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

help me find a legal place to fly my drone

Any body here who can tell me where I can fly my drone legally I live in chicago..

Download the B4UFly app which will show you on a map where you can fly without notifying an airport. 68691
The areas in orange are where you just have to notify the airport before flying. However, I’d stay away from the one that says C on it until you are more confident.

The one that says C is the airspace around major airports. Funny it doesn’t show O’Hares class C but stay away from Midway and O’Hare for now.

Reactions: razoraerial
Ive had little to no problem flying my MA in the LOOP area and on Michigan Av but yeah check the map if you live within the airport areas

If there any nearby RC Clubs in your area you can join there and fly within there field area. You might need to join the AMA (Aircraft Modelers Association) which also provides great insurance for any liability.

Another thing I found out is that you can insure your drone under your homeowners insurance policy. I have State Farm coverage and spoke to my agent, he included my drone under a Personal Property section. I am now covered for theft, fire, loss of any kind (if my drone flies away, drops into the lake or I accidentally crash it into a tree) for its full replacement value with zero deductible! All for $60 per year, or $5/mo which is great. Keep in mind this is only drone replacement insurance, not liability. But spending $60 is a lot easier to swallow than losing $1,500 if you're a noob.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada