DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! My last try at this...

Takeflyt215

Reactions
Guys I’m in need of help this is probably my last crack at this mavic, since day one it’s been giving me a headache. The problem out the box has been with distance. I’ve read so much on issues with distance, I’ve tried troubleshooting the issue myself and to no avail. So about 4 months ago I buy a refurbished mavic and set it all up with the updates and whatever other steps needed to get it airborn. FYI I live in the suburbs. So I’m at a soccer field and notice it’s distance was only 250ft up and about 300ft out and I start getting signal loss. I tried different areas to rule out any interference like I even went to a beach and flew it out and even there it barely broke 700ft out. How is it my 3dr solo which is WiFi can go almost 3 miles out and my mavic is nowhere near that? So I send it to dji they replaced the drone free of charge with a new one and the serial number on it showed it wasn’t a refurb. So I go test it at a few areas and boom the same issue with distance. Could it just be the area where I live ? I’m in the New Jersey area, 08096 to be exact so if anyone that lives around here who has a mavic please chime in let me know how far yours can go. Or if someone can help me out on what should I do before I just pack it away. I don’t know if it’s the controller I mean the controller still has the screen film from factory, and would they even exchange a controller? I’m not selling this that’s for sure. If it has a problem I’m not going to give someone my problem. Thanks in advance.

Question ~when you sent it to DJI, did you also send the controller with it? Are you still using the same controller? If so, I would suspect that might be your problem. Can you upload flight logs, so we can see what errors are occurring during flight?

Question ~when you sent it to DJI, did you also send the controller with it? Are you still using the same controller? If so, I would suspect that might be your problem. Can you upload flight logs, so we can see what errors are occurring during flight?

Yes I sent dji the controller, battery, and aircraft. I’m still using the same controller and can you explain to me how to retrieve flight logs? I would definitely post the logs thanks.

Yes I sent dji the controller, battery, and aircraft. I’m still using the same controller and can you explain to me how to retrieve flight logs? I would definitely post the logs thanks.
Here are instructions and a place to upload your records. Please post a link back here to your records, once uploaded.

Meaning my 3dr solo drone is a WiFi only connection between the controller and drone so it’s weird I can get a longer distance on that drone and not my mavic which is supposed to have from what I heard was occusync for longer range.

Before you go to too much trouble - take your Mavic out to an open field, away from your neighborhood - heck, away from every neighborhood, to see what kind of range you get.

Ok Will do. I will then update on here when I get back.

ok here goes the link hope it helps thanks!

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Well, you're not kidding. At 28 seconds in, and at a distance of only 168ft, you got a weak signal warning. Again, before we go any further, you need to isolate this problem by flying in a signal-free environment ~like the surface of the moon :rolleyes:... Get it out of your neighborhood, away from *it all* and run a test flight. No rush... Post back once you have done this.

Ok, I took one more look at your logs ~you were already in a pretty sparse area. So then, can you confirm that your Mavic is NOT in WiFi mode? Check the little switch on the side of the Mavic itself.

Well, you're not kidding. At 28 seconds in, and at a distance of only 168ft, you got a weak signal warning. Again, before we go any further, you need to isolate this problem by flying in a signal-free environment ~like the surface of the moon :rolleyes:... Get it out of your neighborhood, away from *it all* and run a test flight. No rush... Post back once you have done this.

Ok, I took one more look at your logs ~you were already in a pretty sparse area. So then, can you confirm that your Mavic is NOT in WiFi mode? Check the little switch on the side of the Mavic itself.

Sure thing I will check as soon as I see my eagles win this game. Thanks for taking a look at the logs I will check my drone out soon

Reactions: holdthefone

I just checked and it’s on RC. This really sucks. Do you know if dji replaces remote controllers if it were to be defective?

I just checked and it’s on RC. This really sucks. Do you know if dji replaces remote controllers if it were to be defective?
I'm not sure, as I've never had to deal with DJI, post sales. Unfortunately, it looks like you should contact them to see if they can get you up and running.

Reactions: Takeflyt215
The thread has been cleaned, warnings handed out and it is open for on topic replies.

FYI - when this type of issue comes up please report it. Also, there is an ignore feature, look for the button in the offending person's profile and click it... you will never see a post from them again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929