DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed for best way to fly a particular "mission"

Marko9219

Reactions
I live in a bit of a valley. 1 mile (exactly) away, and about 200 ft above my house is a spot I want to make a quick orbit of, videoing it, then return to home. I'll be doing this same flight very frequently.
On the crest of the hill, directly between me and this spot are a few 50 ft trees I will need to avoid.
What's the best way to approach this same flight frequently?
A way point mission, setting the max altitude about 300 ft higher than my launch altitude? Or, fly it manually, by map, once it disappears over the crest of the hill above my house. If it's beyond that crest and out of my view, my controller will probably have a loss of signal situation, right? So manually flying it would be impossible? I'm a bit nervous putting the bird over the crest of that hill. For perspective, that crest, where line of sight disappears, is 3/4 of a mile away. I won't have line of sight for the last 1500 ft (or there abouts.)

Using a 3rd party software like Lytchi (about $25) you could program your Mavic to fly a GPS waypoint mission. That would probably be ideal if you want to have a repeatable flight. As far as I remember you can set the parameters so the Mavic finishes it's mission even if you lose connection. I'm sure that someone with more experience will chime in, but in the meantime take a look at Lytchi or Autopilot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes