DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed! Problems with relative to ground feature on litchi app.

Cowboy308

Reactions
Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help.
I have recently purchased the litchi app to use to track my run. I was hoping to use the relative to ground/waypoints feature.
It doesn’t seem to be working in the specific area I want to set a waypoints mission but does work in other areas on the map.
A server error keeps coming up, could anyone advise as to why this might be happening please.
The Error reads (Failed to compute altitude relative to ground server error)

Last edited:
I have recently purchased the litchi app to use to track my run. I was hoping to use the relative to ground/waypoints feature.
It doesn’t seem to be working in the specific area I want to set a waypoints mission but does work in other areas on the map.
A server error keeps coming up, could anyone advise as to why this might be happening please.
Could be a loss of GPS lock due to obstructed line of sight to satellites.

Most likely the map server.

I experimented this issue some months ago in several well defined areas. I wrote about it to Litchi.

My question :

"Hi,

This morning I was writing to you the message copied below.

I realize now that in some locations, I can have AGL at waypoints working well for one mission but not for an other mission located less than 1km from the first one.

The first image attached is an example of this issue. AGL works perfectly for the mission at the left in the image (Mission Hub - Litchi) but not at all for the mission at the right side (Mission Hub - Litchi)..

Moreover, if I move waypoint 5 of the Westward (left) mission towards East (i.e. towards the mission at the right which does not accept AGL setting), AGL still works for this waypoint till a very precise location (longitude : -1.669928, see the second attached image) but it stops working after a tiny movement further East of this waypoint (longitude : 1.669918, see third image). However, at this moment AGL continues to work for the other (westward) waypoints of this mission.

To me, it looks like Litchi Hub was unable to read Google elevations in certain parts of the maps well defined by precise longitudes and, most likely, latitudes (but I have not tested the latter possibility).

I can't figure the reason of this issue but I hope that you will be able to fix it because I imagine that it can be dangerous in case you don't pay attention to all waypoints settings after a batch edit to AGL and because it is very ennoying when building some missions.

Thank you in advance for considering my request,

Best regards,"

Litchi support answered :

"Hello,
We don’t use the Google Elevation data anymore due to their pricing change (*1000)
We now use Mapbox’s elevation api. Unfortunately it seems to have a bug currently where a lot of elevation data is missing. We reached out to them about this issue back in March this year. We hope they will fix it soon, but it could take a while…
This is the data for example for the first mission you sent us (around WP1): Terrain (RGB-encoded dem)
Blank means no data, but it isn’t normal and happens randomly in a lot of places (not just spain).
If you want to see other locations, just change the lat/lng at the end of the URL

Kind Regards,
Litchi"

Maybe the same glitch now for your location ?

I experimented this issue some months ago in several well defined areas. I wrote about it to Litchi.

My question :

"Hi,

This morning I was writing to you the message copied below.

I realize now that in some locations, I can have AGL at waypoints working well for one mission but not for an other mission located less than 1km from the first one.

The first image attached is an example of this issue. AGL works perfectly for the mission at the left in the image (Mission Hub - Litchi) but not at all for the mission at the right side (Mission Hub - Litchi)..

Moreover, if I move waypoint 5 of the Westward (left) mission towards East (i.e. towards the mission at the right which does not accept AGL setting), AGL still works for this waypoint till a very precise location (longitude : -1.669928, see the second attached image) but it stops working after a tiny movement further East of this waypoint (longitude : 1.669918, see third image). However, at this moment AGL continues to work for the other (westward) waypoints of this mission.

To me, it looks like Litchi Hub was unable to read Google elevations in certain parts of the maps well defined by precise longitudes and, most likely, latitudes (but I have not tested the latter possibility).

I can't figure the reason of this issue but I hope that you will be able to fix it because I imagine that it can be dangerous in case you don't pay attention to all waypoints settings after a batch edit to AGL and because it is very ennoying when building some missions.

Thank you in advance for considering my request,

Best regards,"

Litchi support answered :

"Hello,
We don’t use the Google Elevation data anymore due to their pricing change (*1000)
We now use Mapbox’s elevation api. Unfortunately it seems to have a bug currently where a lot of elevation data is missing. We reached out to them about this issue back in March this year. We hope they will fix it soon, but it could take a while…
This is the data for example for the first mission you sent us (around WP1): Terrain (RGB-encoded dem)
Blank means no data, but it isn’t normal and happens randomly in a lot of places (not just spain).
If you want to see other locations, just change the lat/lng at the end of the URL

Kind Regards,
Litchi"

Maybe the same glitch now for your location ?
Thank you for your reply, i did wonder if it was something to do with the lack of information about elevation in certain areas due to the map supplier.
I will have to go back to working out the elevations through the DJI go 4 profile feature to create a successful waypoints mission which can track my run.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo