DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Needed: RC Replacement Constant Beeping Cannot Link

Ray&Paula

Reactions
I'm having a huge problem in which an online 2 1/2 hour DJI chat didn't resolve. I'm hoping that someone here can help me. The following is my issue;
I turned in my MA remote control back in March of this year 2019 due to the antennas not staying in position. I received a replacement within a couple weeks which appeared to be a new remote control. I'm just now trying to link the remote control with my Mavic Air due to not being able to fly due to weather and being too busy. I updated to the newest DJI Go 4 App first before I started linking the new remote control using the directions that came with it (See directions below). Everything linked upon completion without any issues the first time. I then turned everything off and restarted the MA, RC and DJI Go 4 but, as soon as I turned on the remote control it started beeping continuously with a blinking then solid red light on the RC (see video below). At this point, I couldn't connect at all using the DJI Go 4 App. I called DJI support in which they stated that I would need to download DJI Assistant 2 and do a remote control update. I did so and the RC update page showed that I'm on the newest current firmware version Vo1.00.0200. I did a refresh since I was there and I'm still having the same issue. I then did the 2 1/2 hour chat which resulted in a big waste of time. They had me try a Remote Controller Calibration with the sticks which couldn't be done due to the RC being in the constant beeping situation with a solid red light. I then updated to the latest MA firmware (reluctantly) due to being happy with 0.0300 but never the less, I updated thinking maybe that was the problem. No luck..... I never had an issue until I got this RC replacement. Now, I'm at a total loss......... If you or someone you know that had this problem and found a resolution, I would sincerely appreciate some help. Thank you, Ray

Remote.jpg

Last edited:
Its a stick error. After its on, move the sticks around. If that doesnt help, connect it to your device and DJI Go 4. Then see if it still beeps.

Did you already try all of this with DJI?

Reactions: kjcbid54
Yes I did....... The sticks are in the center. I also couldn't "Finish" the Remote Control Calibration." As you know, stick calibration is the first phase. Thanks again for the help. Ray

strange rc poweron alone unconnected to anything does beeping nonstop. press poweron just once stops beeping?
if you can still get beeping powering on rc (loneranger) unconnected to anything, it is rc faulted. an rc unconnected intentionally (nothing else powered) and powered on will not beep unless left standing for a long duration, then it will alert beeping.

I was able to start calibration and while moving the sticks fully up, etc it did show up to 100%. The problem is that I couldn't "Finish" due to the fact it wouldn't highlight to do so. Thanks, Ray

The Mavic Air Calibration is different than yours. If I can get it up, I'll download a video for you. It has a highlighted "Start" touch screen. Then it asks you to move the sticks up in different directions repeatedly. The goal is to reach 100% for the movement in which I was able to do. During this process there is a shaded "Finish" statement, it never highlighted for me to touch on to finish.

The following YouTube link shows what comes up with DJI Go 4 App. I didn't turn on the Mavic Air due the fact it won't link up per instructions with this beeping mode going on. I tried it several times without success. There was some occasions I couldn't even Open Device in the DJI Go 4 App.

i thinking radiation from huge phone causing grief?
can u try tiny sized android or iphone?

You are going in the right direction. After you get to the screen with the option "enter device," click on that then do the controller calibration like in my video.

Reactions: kjcbid54
Did it ask you to rotate the left wheel? If you get that far, it should let you finish.

Problem Solved......... I re-read your statement about the wheel and it got me thinking.... I never saw a prompt for the wheel calibration. Previously, I was moving both sticks in all directions at the same time for at least 3 to 5 minutes. I never saw a prompt about moving the wheel. Thanks to your help and video along with the video below, I got a better understanding of what to do. On the MA, you move the sticks up/down and side to side one at a time as you did. Even though there wasn’t a prompt about the wheel, I went ahead and moved it fully in each direction which showed up on the line graph. Once I did that, the word Finish became highlighted. Tapped on Finish and Bam!! All was calibrated. I then proceeded to link the RC with the MA which was no problem. I shut everything down and back up about a half dozen times with no issues. I even powered up the props each time. Being on DJI Chat for 2 1/2 hours you would think they would have walked me through this process. I sincerely thank you for your time in helping me out. You saved me from being faced with this tomorrow wasting another day. Here’s the kicker; I’m heading to VA, WV, NC, & TN in a week in which I planned on some flying. So yes!! I really sincerely appreciate your help immensely! People like you on this forum is what makes it what it is. I'm happy to be part of and hopefully I can give a payback in the future in return. Thanks again and Happy Flying! Ray

MA RC Beeping Video:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98