DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed with weird artefacts in photos and video

The Fat Controller

Reactions
When I took some footage yesterday I noticed four circular artefacts had appeared in the shots, which look like little flying saucers, though I'm pretty sure they aren't. You can see them at at the top of the screen in both photos and videos. I had been using a circular polariser and I thought that might be the cause so I removed it and took some test shots after cleaning the lens. This didn't make any difference. The circles remain static at the top even when the gimbal can be seen moving up or down in the video. It also doesn't appear to have been caused by the bright weather yesterday as I took some more test shots indoors and they're still there I suspect it might be marks on the sensor, mind you, how they got there is anyone's guess. The only difference to my usual procedure was that yesterday I used Litchi for the first time. For today's test shots I was back to using DJI Go4 again and the circles are still there. I might have inadvertently made a change to camera settings in Litchi that the Mavic has retained but for the life of me I can't think what. I've posted a photo in the hope that someone can suggest a self-fix, if that's possible, or point me in the direction of a UK repairer. Any ideas you experts can give would be greatly appreciated.

DJI_0004.JPG

Have you tried cleaning the lens? These could be water spots on the outside or maybe condensation rings on the inside of the lens.

Looks like a dirty sensor
That's what I was thinking. It's a fairly easy fix on a DSLR but unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start on the Mavic's camera :confused:

Have you tried cleaning the lens? These could be water spots on the outside or maybe condensation rings on the inside of the lens.
That was the first thing I tried, and went about it very carefully. The problem looks to be internal and condensation is a likely suspect as it's been varying between 0 and 19°C here and it was in the boot of my car for a couple of days.

Reactions: Aerobatty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLEGEF