DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help on DEFECTED REMOTE->Drone Crashed

DJIvictim

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I would like to tell you about my nightmare customer service experience with mavic mini.

-I purchased a brand new mavic mini combo on DJI website in late September.
-On my second time flying the drone, the remote controller was unresponsive and crashed on its own in bright day light with no metal or magnetic objects near the aircraft (Please see attached: DJI Analysis).
-I sent in my mavic mini along with the brand new remote controller for analysis in October.
-Upon conclusion of the analysis, I was informed that they needed to repair my BRAND NEW remote controller(I used it twice-no damage) and I was quoted $27 to repair my remote controller.
-2 months passed since I sent the item for analysis and I am still back and forth with the customer service.
-I was billed $264 and I asked them about the DJI Care that I have. I was initially informed that the remote controller is not covered by the DJI Care.

Long story short, they wanted me to pay $27 for the defected brand new remote controller that I believe was the cause of the accident.

Today, after 2 months of back and forth, they told me that would cover the remote controller UNDER WARRANTY.

If they cover the remote controller under warranty, shouldn't they cover the mavic mini under warranty and replace it with a brand new one? (without me using my 2 replacements under DJI Care)

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

DJI_Analysis.pngDJI Quotation.png

Attachments

• DJI_Analysis.png
    DJI_Analysis.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 14
-On my second time flying the drone, the remote controller was unresponsive and crashed on its own in bright day light with no metal or magnetic objects near the aircraft (Please see attached: DJI Analysis).

It's not possible to give meaningful comment without knowing what happened in your flight incident or seeing DJI's analysis and what they thought happened.
It would be helpful if you post your flight data and some details of the incident.

To post flight data ..
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file.

Hi Thomas B,

Thank you for your message. Here is the only explanation I received but nothing related to the remote controller malfunction. I asked them today to share with me the data and the analysis they collected from my mavic mini and will share them with you once they are available. My question though: If they cover the remote controller under warranty, should they cover the mavic mini under warranty as well? How could they know the cause of the accident wasn't the remote control?

FLY012

1. Unit was took off in ATTI mode and went to OPTI mode. Unit switches between ATTI, OPTI, and GPS during this flight due to flight environment issue.
2. At t=602.5s. relative height=30.6m, the unit recorded an impact.
3. User commanded ROLL left/right prior to impact.
4. Unit was in ATTI mode at time of impact and was showing signs of compass interference.
5. Unit was flying with no/low GPS the vision position sensor cannot perform properly. Please refer to the manual on factors that can affect vision position sensor performance.
6. Unit has various flights before with strong GPS signal.

Hi Thomas B,

Thank you for your message. Here is the only explanation I received but nothing related to the remote controller malfunction. I asked them today to share with me the data and the analysis they collected from my mavic mini and will share them with you once they are available. My question though: If they cover the remote controller under warranty, should they cover the mavic mini under warranty as well? How could they know the cause of the accident wasn't the remote control?

FLY012

1. Unit was took off in ATTI mode and went to OPTI mode. Unit switches between ATTI, OPTI, and GPS during this flight due to flight environment issue.
2. At t=602.5s. relative height=30.6m, the unit recorded an impact.
3. User commanded ROLL left/right prior to impact.
4. Unit was in ATTI mode at time of impact and was showing signs of compass interference.
5. Unit was flying with no/low GPS the vision position sensor cannot perform properly. Please refer to the manual on factors that can affect vision position sensor performance.
6. Unit has various flights before with strong GPS signal.
DJI make great drones but don't communicate well.
Their analysis makes sense to me because I've flown a lot and investigated a lot of flight incidents.
If you can post the flight data, that should help me explain the incident to you better.

At this point, I think DJI has a bigger problem: do they want to lose a (new) customer due to a bad experience with a (new) product clearly within it's warranty period? I think they are being pennywise and pound foolish.

Hello everyone,

I would like to tell you about my nightmare customer service experience with mavic mini.

-I purchased a brand new mavic mini combo on DJI website in late September.
-I sent in my mavic mini along with the brand new remote controller for analysis in October.
-Upon conclusion of the analysis, I was informed that they needed to repair my BRAND NEW remote controller(I used it twice-no damage) and I was quoted $27 to repair my remote controller.
-2 months passed since I sent the item for analysis and I am still back and forth with the customer service.
-I was billed $264 and I asked them about the DJI Care that I have. I was initially informed that the remote controller is not covered by the DJI Care.

Long story short, they wanted me to pay $27 for the defected brand new remote controller that I believe was the cause of the accident.

Today, after 2 months of back and forth, they told me that would cover the remote controller UNDER WARRANTY.

If they cover the remote controller under warranty, shouldn't they cover the mavic mini under warranty and replace it with a brand new one? (without me using my 2 replacements under DJI Care)

View attachment 117433View attachment 117435
I did not see that you mentioned any damage to the drone? If no damage, I'm thinking DJI would not replace it. Or perhaps i missed something? Wouldn't be the first time.

I did not see that you mentioned any damage to the drone? If no damage, I'm thinking DJI would not replace it. Or perhaps i missed something? Wouldn't be the first time.
Reread the 1st post.
@DJIvictim download your data Meta asked you to or from your name I just see this as a rant. Meta can give you what you need to go back at them .
Or I will close this from our guidelines.
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy