DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please. Corrective Lenses

Rick the vlad

Reactions
I have just bought a pair of goggles for my Mavic 2 (not delivered yet). I need reading glasses but even with these on I find it difficult to focus at the DJI stated 9 inches needed. Question: the higher diopter reading lenses (+2, +3, +4 +5) will it bring my point of focus nearer the higher the magnification? Thanks in anticipation

I have just bought a pair of goggles for my Mavic 2 (not delivered yet). I need reading glasses but even with these on I find it difficult to focus at the DJI stated 9 inches needed. Question: the higher diopter reading lenses (+2, +3, +4 +5) will it bring my point of focus nearer the higher the magnification? Thanks in anticipation
Yes but only get what you need.

I had a similar problem, and need readers for the laptop and for book reading. Then the Mavic Pro came into my life and at a different distance, so they must be different power. I went to the Dollar Store bought 3 pair, different powers and now the problem is solved for different distances and it cost only $3.00 plus tax.

I have just bought a pair of goggles for my Mavic 2 (not delivered yet). I need reading glasses but even with these on I find it difficult to focus at the DJI stated 9 inches needed. Question: the higher diopter reading lenses (+2, +3, +4 +5) will it bring my point of focus nearer the higher

I have a set of the DJI white goggles and I took them into Walgreens and tried several pairs until I found the ones that worked best for me. I also bought several others so when my customers use them I can get the proper pair for them to see clearly. They are only $2-4 each at the dollar store ($7-15 and up at Walgreens) but it is hard to find any over +3. I use a +3.5 or a +4.

FYI, I also have a set of Fat shark googles (for other drones) and had a set of custom diopter made to fit them. They were $80 and Manufactured in Germany if your interested...they don’t make anything for DJI that I’m aware of.1581516982886.png

I have a set of the DJI white goggles and I took them into Walgreens and tried several pairs until I found the ones that worked best for me. I also bought several others so when my customers use them I can get the proper pair for them to see clearly. They are only $2-4 each at the dollar store ($7-15 and up at Walgreens) but it is hard to find any over +3. I use a +3.5 or a +4.

FYI, I also have a set of Fat shark googles (for other drones) and had a set of custom diopter made to fit them. They were $80 and Manufactured in Germany if your interested...they don’t make anything for DJI that I’m aware of.View attachment 93752
DJI makes lens that are already designed for the goggles for $29.

I had a similar problem, and need readers for the laptop and for book reading. Then the Mavic Pro came into my life and at a different distance, so they must be different power. I went to the Dollar Store bought 3 pair, different powers and now the problem is solved for different distances and it cost only $3.00 plus tax.

[/QUOTE]
Hi- I am an ophthalmologist and have practiced for 38 years. It is ok to buy and use off the shelf "readers" if you have a simple prescription, defined as a Spherical correction. However, if you have any astigmatism, readers will not not help as much.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King