DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP RC PRO CONTROLLER

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is going to be a long one
Here's my problem, I bought a RC Pro Controller that was defective and I could not calibrate compass, so I sent it back and I got a replacement, so I thought I'd try to calibrate the compass on the new one. Here's what I did went to main screen, chose settings and scrolled down to compass tapped on icon, compass calibration screen came up with pictures of rotating controller showing at bottom of screen it said start calibration, I tapped start calibration and process started I followed illustration on screen and shortly after that it said calibration complete 😀. Well here's where I get stupid, because of the PTSD lol from the first one I brought. I thought I should do it again just to make sure it was working properly. So I went through the same process start calibration came up , I pressed it and nothing happen except what came up was Calibration Succeeded Done. Here's the big question, is this supposed to happen because I just did a calibration and it doesn't need another to be done ? I'm hoping this is normal. I know I have asked Controller questions before and all have been resolved with help from members and updates, but I need some help with this one.
Thanks Everyone
Fly Safe Oman

Last edited:
Reactions: Derek H
Yup! Perfectly "normal."
The RC Pro compass calibration routine completes before it can even start.
They all do that.
Until DJI fixes it, all RC Pro's will continue to do it.

However, performing the the physical gyrations manually should reset it anyway. It always did so on my Mavic 2 controller, when the compass would go wonky from the sticks interacting with my iPad over time. Just perform a figure 8 in space or manually follow the RC Pro compass calibration routine.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yup! Perfectly "normal."
The RC Pro compass calibration routine completes before it can even start.
They all do that.
Until DJI fixes it, all RC Pro's will continue to do it.

However, performing the the physical gyrations manually should reset it anyway. It always did so on my Mavic 2 controller, when the compass would go wonky from the sticks interacting with my iPad over time. Just perform a figure 8 in space or manually follow the RC Pro compass calibration routine.
Thanks for getting back so soon, As from previous conversations you know I'm a little slow.
So I just wanted to say again that the first calibration worked as it should. It was the second one I did that did not respond when I pressed start calibration it just went straight to CALIBRATION SUCCEEDED DONE. are you saying that is a normal response?
Sorry for the confusion
Your time is greatly appreciated.
Oman
PS I got the transmission frequency problem fixed with the 1.9.9 update.

I had a similar issue with the compass on my RC PRO. Mine would start but never complete. I discovered that recalibrating the sticks and scroll wheels seems to reset the Compass calibration and then it starts, prompts and waits for you to do the movements, then completes normally. Worked for me anyway.

Reactions: Oman
I had a similar issue with the compass on my RC PRO. Mine would start but never complete. I discovered that recalibrating the sticks and scroll wheels seems to reset the Compass calibration and then it starts, prompts and waits for you to do the movements, then completes normally. Worked for me anyway.
Thanks much
Fly Safe
Oman

I tried that on mine, after your suggestion, and it still didn't work for me, but I haven't updated the RC Pro FW since after installing the Mini 3 Pro compatibility, in case newer RC Pro FW creates a problem of incompatibility, forcing drone FW updates to make RID compulsory on the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro. No intention of prematurely broadcasting RID until it is mandatory! I can live with an uncalibrated RC Pro compass, but may not survive an unnecessary drone hater confrontation!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oman
I tried that on mine, after your suggestion, and it still didn't work for me, but I haven't updated the RC Pro FW since after installing the Mini 3 Pro compatibility, in case newer RC Pro FW creates a problem of incompatibility, forcing drone FW updates to make RID compulsory on the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro. No intention of prematurely broadcasting RID until it is mandatory! I can live with an uncalibrated RC Pro compass, but may not survive an unnecessary drone hater confrontation!
Ok, my rc has the latest FW

Between the FCC and DJI it's getting a little to much .
I suspect you meant the FAA, but agreed! DJI's prematurely forcing RID updates upon users to take advantage of FW update features is a poison pill, jeopardizing pilot safety! Mandating RID on an exempt aircraft like the Mini 3 Pro is also selling us out, just like they did with Aeroscope years ago!

Ok, my rc has the latest FW
I would have hoped they at least tried to fix it in the last several updates. Still not working as intended, but your workaround is getting closer for those on the latest RC Pro FW.

Can anyone confirm that the RC Pro FW can still be rolled back, once updated, unlike the Mavic 3 FW on .0900 and later?

I suspect you meant the FAA, but agreed! DJI's prematurely forcing RID updates upon users to take advantage of FW update features is a poison pill, jeopardizing pilot safety! Mandating RID on an exempt aircraft like the Mini 3 Pro is also selling us out, just like they did with Aeroscope years ago!
Yes I meant FAA, I agree with you, it's BS

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks oman

Thanks oman

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne