DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! Rc signal strength stuck at 4 out of 5 bars?

Zigzagbrown

Reactions
Is anyone else having this issue? On my remote I am only ever showing 4 out of 5 bars for RC signal.

I'm also experiencing what I feel is a lack of range. Best is 1000 meters, rural area, reasonable line of sight with a few trees. Also experiencing lots of rc interference warnings and rc signal drops.

I cannot say for sure if it was like this out of the box as I have only noticed this over the last month or so. I purchased this drone in Sept of this year (2020).

I've tried just about everything I can think of, android and ios phones, refreshed apps, refreshed ac firmware.. airplane mode/ no wifi or bluetooth, turned off air sense, manual transmission on each channels.. I am at a loss.

The one thing that bugs me is that I can hear a small rattle in my rc when i shake it. I cant tell if its just the mechanical parts or if something came loose inside.. I'd have no problem opening it up to resolder something if it wouldnt void a warranty.. it makes me wonder if one of the antenna wires came loose..

Anyone willing to shake their remote and let me know if they hear anything?

Any suggestions on approaching DJI with this issue? I have found a few post of people receiving replacement drones for persistent range issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78