DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help retriving video footage

Reactions
I appoarently wasn't aware that I wasn't recoding to my SD card although it was installed. I'm trying to determine if there is any way to still retrive the video I shot? I overlooked the "warning" (image number 1) saying that all photos and video will be saved in the cache on your mobile device. Using an iphone 11. After navigating through the menu steps on my phone I find I have almost 3gb of data. (image number 2) Where do I find this 3gb of video???? How do go from here to retrive the video??? If possible??? And how do I reset the drone to recognize my SD card on my next shoot???

Attachments

• 1 What shows  when start up (1).jpg
    1 What shows when start up (1).jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2 DJI documents and data.jpg
    2 DJI documents and data.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 14
I appoarently wasn't aware that I wasn't recoding to my SD card although it was installed. I'm trying to determine if there is any way to still retrive the video I shot? I overlooked the "warning" (image number 1) saying that all photos and video will be saved in the cache on your mobile device. Using an iphone 11. After navigating through the menu steps on my phone I find I have almost 3gb of data. (image number 2) Where do I find this 3gb of video???? How do go from here to retrive the video??? If possible??? And how do I reset the drone to recognize my SD card on my next shoot???
I know that on the DJI Smart Controller, the video could be found in files I believe so it might be helpful to search there.

Sorry if this is a silly question but did you go to the Editor function in the DJI Go 4 app on your iPhone (as it says in the warning message)?

Failing that, connect your iPhone to your computer. If running Windows you will need iTunes. If Mac you can just open the phone in Finder. Select "Files" then look for the DJI app in the list and expand it to see sub-folders.

You can't open the folders directly on the phone from the PC but you can copy them over to your computer to see the what's in them. My iPhone 8 has a "videoCache" folder under the DJI app. Within that are folders with dates as names. Within those folders should be mp4 video file(s). See screenshot from my Mac pasted below. Note the "Files" selection at the top right and videoCache folder at the bottom.

Good luck...

1633644100754.png

Note: I have a Mini 2 so the app on iPhone is labeled DJI Fly.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Or you go in the "Library" of the app and save the clips to the camera roll or the Files app and get them from there.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000