DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: Smart controller update freeze 15%

rulermon

Reactions
I just got a used smart controller on offer up. It is running a old version of Firmware. I have tried using smart assistant 2 for Mavic on a pc and a Mac it downloads transmits then fails at 15% every time. I do not have an sd card inserted. I have factory reset the device multiple times. I found some instructions online that told me to delete 4 files off the device and try again. If I use the built in firmware update option it also fails at 15%.

Any tips on things to try. If I send it in to dji what should I expect to be charged for a repair?

I just got a used smart controller on offer up. It is running a old version of Firmware. I have tried using smart assistant 2 for Mavic on a pc and a Mac it downloads transmits then fails at 15% every time. I do not have an sd card inserted. I have factory reset the device multiple times. I found some instructions online that told me to delete 4 files off the device and try again. If I use the built in firmware update option it also fails at 15%.

Any tips on things to try. If I send it in to dji what should I expect to be charged for a repair?
Clarification: It fails at update : 15%

Try what I did. I couldn't get the smart remote to download the newer software at all. I downloaded the file onto my computer, copied it over to the memory card (that you use in your remote) Opened file manager on the remote and it installed right up. First time. Don't go any higher than 1.7.0! Also you will need to make sure you remove the previous updates first. Hope this helps.

Try what I did. I couldn't get the smart remote to download the newer software at all. I downloaded the file onto my computer, copied it over to the memory card (that you use in your remote) Opened file manager on the remote and it installed right up. First time. Don't go any higher than 1.7.0! Also you will need to make sure you remove the previous updates first. Hope this helps.
Where can I get the firmware files? Trying to help a friend get his updated he's having the same issue

Last edited:

All DJI apps are bloat-ware and also terrible resource hogs. The more features that get shoehorned into updated firmware stresses limited memory, GPU performance and storage. I also suspect that DJI has a tendency to encourage device obsolescence so that you fork out for the latest all-singing, all-dancing upgrade that will itself be obsolete within 36 months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty