DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help understanding crash on a balcony

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a long-winded and unnecessarily complicated way to explain something that's quite simple.
This is the problem when people feel like they are the measure of everything and whatever they feel has to be felt by everyone else. First of all I was not replying to you. Secondly, whoever is satisfied by a short answer can read Grandpa's reply. My reply was a much more articulate anwer that I am sure it can be useful to a certain audience. Not all drone pilots have the same background. The fact that you are not in that audience does not make the answer irrelevant or useless. You should try to get over yourself at times. As I already said, never poop on something that is freely offered in which a considerable effort was put just because it is not up to your liking. It makes you look even more self conceited.
Which seems to be just a long way of saying that Atti Mode, is what's left from P-GPS mode when the satellites are not available.
No, that's not the case. Let me repeat it once again. When GPS is not available the system remains in closed loop under VPS feedback, in P-OPTI mode. Only when also VPS becomes not available the system switches to ATTI. I can't believe that with all your experience you keep making such a wrong claim. That is why I cannot accept what you say as The Revelation as most in here do. Especially over log evidence

I won't get into an extended "debate" with someone who wants to ignore basics and debate the way he would like to think that things work.

There is no point continuing to communicate with someone so argumentative and with so little knowledge.
Good luck with your flying in future.

So you keep saying that you won't debate with a know-nothing like myself every time I ask you a direct question and provide evidence that contradicts your claims. However, you do not really disappear (as doesn't grandpa, who proclaims to be leaving the room but keeps his ear on the door) because you never miss a chance to intervene and criticize whatever I write in dialogues with other people. You might think this is a smart behavior and it definitely seems to work as you seem to have hordes of admiring fans in here. However, you know that I can see right through it and your unwillingness to engage on the specific factual points does not give me any confidence in anything you say. Moreover, your need to continuosly criticize someone you proclaimed already a few times as too ignorant to be deserving of your knowledge and wisdom tells the whole story.

Last edited:
And this only applies to others ??
You seem to confuse helping with imposing your views, refusing to debate opposing evidence in the name of your infallibility and belittling the other person for not accepting the Revelation

Just read the whole thread. I'm just wondering why you created the thread asking for help.
Because I got plenty of help. Mostly from those that engaged in a two-way debate. I wonder what makes you wonder from outside. Hard for me to gauge as I'm not in the business of questioning what everyone else does.

Last edited:
Because I got plenty of it. Mostly from those that engaged in a two-way debate. I wonder what makes you wonder from outside. Hard for me to gause as I'm not in the business of questioning what everyone else does.
I'm just saying you dispute everything anyone says (including some of the most knowledgeable members in the forum) trying to prove them wrong unless it's what you believe. Why create the thread if you know more than everyone else and won't listen to them? That's all I have to say. Carry on.

Last edited:
No, that's not the case. Let me repeat it once again. When GPS is not available the system remains in closed loop under VPS feedback, in P-OPTI mode. Only when also VPS becomes not available the system switches to ATTI. I can't believe that with all your experience you keep making such a wrong claim. That is why I cannot accept what you say as The Revelation as most in here do. Especially over log evidence
P-Opti mode is a special case and only applies when the drone is within limited range of a suitable surface and in suitable lighting.

As this only applies to a tiny proportion of drone flights. I left it out for the purpose of simplicity and brevity, something you are not at all familiar with.

Again, I am tired of the bickering and the selective picking & choosing of what to react on and avoiding the relevant questions.
Meta4, please just answer this simple question. If you knew that P-OPTI is not shown in the flight log state why did you try to force on me the claim that this state was never entered? Do you recognize you were wrong?

Last edited:
P-Opti mode is a special case and only applies when the drone is within limited range of a suitable surface and in suitable lighting.

As this only applies to a tiny proportion of drone flights. I left it out for the purpose of simplicity and brevity, something you are not at all familiar with.
Again, this is incorrect. There are conditions for it as there are conditions for every flight mode. And I am glad to see that your arguments are so weak that you believe that attacking me is a better way out. P-OPTI happens everytime that there are is no GPS available, which includes every indoor flight and flights in places with tall buildings. The fact that you downplay this mode to the point of even ignoring it exists in your mantra phrase makes you very prone to mistakes like the one you made in analyzing my flight in which you denied a priori that P-OPTI was entered. You might want to increase your experience with these types of flghts

Last edited:
I'm just saying you dispute everything anyone says (including some of the most knowledgeable members in the forum) trying to prove them wrong unless it's what you believe. Why create the thread if you know more than everyone else and won't listen to them? That's all I have to say. Carry on.
I have not argued until the moment I discovered I was willingly fed wrong information, which was pushed in a very arrogant way. I posted the log evidence in my post #27, which those most knowledgeable members refused to debate. I understand that reading the back and forth is easier and more fun than looking at the technical issue at the heart of the debate. Since I am new, I do not know the background of anyone and I judge everyone's contribution on the strength of their argument and their willingness to debate. It seems that here truth is assessed based on rank.

Post #87 contains the heart of the disagreement. I have been awaiting for an answer from those most knowledgeable members for a longtime. Until they provide a clear answer, I am unable to trust any claims they make based on authority/experience but no evidence. The most knowledgeable people I know are not afraid of admitting their mistakes and do not artfully create a ruckus just to avoid doing that.

Last edited:
Note all the ruckus the "most knowledgeable members" created just because I wrote a post to answer a question that was asked by someone else. They did not even wait for the member who asked to intervene, but could not wait a single second to unload.
I wonder why. Does the help anyone provides need to satisfy these members' strict guidelines? Guidelines that apparently are: long and wordy for the sake of completeness and clarity is laughable & worthy of scorn, inaccuracy and omissions for the sake of brevity is the way to go. Or is it that what I write does not second their narrative that I am a moron?

Why do they prefer continuously fanning the flames instead of putting the fire out with a simple answer? Let me ask again:
Meta4, if you knew that P-OPTI is not shown in the flight log state why did you try to force on me the claim that this state was never entered? Do you recognize you were wrong?
Clock is ticking

Last edited:
Meta, the truth is, he doesn't know how to fly and crashed his drone. After asking "why", he didn't like the answer and has spent four pages of thread arguing and never learning.
So many people who feels depositary of the Truth. Good for you. If I had such a gift there are so many other things that I would rather be doing than trolling on a thread that I have fully decyphered.

Maybe you need to read your OP, then Meta's first reply. My post stands as correct!!!
Of course, you are the depositary of the Truth, so please go ahead making true statements without ever feeling that you might need to waste any precious time by looking at those pesky logs. You are very entertaining. I was just a bit sad when the only piece of advice you gave, to read the manual, was undermined by your buddy trashing the manual as a bunch of crap produced by incompetent translators.

Last edited:
Guys ease up or this this is over.

Guys ease up or this this is over.
No after just reading all this thread I see most are wasting their
time with the OP. I see no reason for this to go any further.

CLOSED​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest