DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help verifying issue, DJI Mini 3 pro Advanced Gimbal Settings

Droopydroors

Reactions
Can anyone else verify if its just my Mini 3 or if its a firmware issue?

Issue:
I set all my Advanced Gimbal Settings to my preferences. I usually have Cine Mode set really slow and smooth. All modes work perfectly when the Mini is sitting stationary without props started. In flight everything works as expected unless I put Obstacle Avoidance into Bypass mode. While in Bypass mode the Normal and Sport mode Advanced Gimbal Settings seem to work fine but Cine mode Pitch speed and smooth do not hold the setting, Yaw settings seem to keep. I've contacted DJI support about the issue and they told me that i am doing something wrong....lol.... Ive been flying DJI products for 5 years.... So after telling them I am familiar with the DJI Fly App they told me it may be an issue with the Drone and i should send it in. I have a feeling its a Firmware issue and since its not a very common thing to notice I wanted to verify with you fine people before sending it in! Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Sunscreen
Yes I have noticed changed values not sticking also, dji are most likely working on a bug fix, hopefully.
it’s just so hard to report any bugs now days

I've been wondering why left and right is horrible in flight no matter what I try!
This would explain it.
I can't think of the reason why the settings are like this or what the idea is by DJI to have this setting.

Reactions: DaveLewin
Even when I set the yaw speed to its lowest (10%), it moves left & right far too quickly, much more so than the lowest setting on the mini 2.

Anyone know why?

Even when I set the yaw speed to its lowest (10%), it moves left & right far too quickly, much more so than the lowest setting on the mini 2.

Anyone know why?
I found the reason - it's to do with what setting you have on the object avoidance. If you set to 'fly around' it exhibits the stupid behaviour - set it to 'brake' then it performs as it should. Have no idea why the avoidance is connected with the yaw etc. Can't figure it out - but its a 'quirk' shall we say.

Did that work? I'm having the same left-right to fast issue.
I'll be honest, I don't think it did. I've tried many different settings, but the l-r yaw speed (even at 10 on Cine) is too quick.

Getting a bit frustrated lol

Not sure what the problem is with your unit, but on my Mini 3 I set the yaw speed to nearly the minimum and it was far too slow. I reset it higher. "5", I think. Object avoidance is set to hover.

Reactions: DaveLewin
Are you saying that, in Advanced Gimbal Settings, Cine mode, you can set the Yaw lower than 10%?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580