DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with camera settings!

Sky-high

Reactions
So I absolutely know nothing about taking pictures and the settings. My whole life using any camera I've used the auto features for the lighting lol. Well since I've bought my Mavic Pro I been inspired to learn the basics of using photo mode and video mode in manual and not auto anymore. And advice for a beginner? Thanks

As far as photos are concerned - shoot in RAW (DNG) format and start learning how to process them yourself. It takes practice but it is crucial to getting the most out of a photo. You can start with RawTherapee, it's free open-source software. You might want to start watching some YouTube videos to understand some basic terminology, techniques, etc. Videos have been more difficult for me to get right, because the scene is constantly changing, and generally you should have the proper settings locked in before starting a flight to avoid on-the-fly changes in such things as focus, exposure and white balance.

Reactions: Sky-high
As far as photos are concerned - shoot in RAW (DNG) format and start learning how to process them yourself. It takes practice but it is crucial to getting the most out of a photo. You can start with RawTherapee, it's free open-source software. You might want to start watching some YouTube videos to understand some basic terminology, techniques, etc. Videos have been more difficult for me to get right, because the scene is constantly changing, and generally you should have the proper settings locked in before starting a flight to avoid on-the-fly changes in such things as focus, exposure and white balance.

Gotcha. Will do man. Thanks for the reply.

On a slightly related note, if you don't already have them, a set of ND filters for the Mavic is a good purchase.

Reactions: Sky-high
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings