DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with "Controller Error Msg" Mavic 2 Zoom! Edit: Solved!

mlash

Reactions
Edit: Solved by myself: I just remembered when it is within I think 60 feet of Homepoint, It will just land instead of RTH (DuH)!

I was out burning a battery down for a flight tomorrow. I was hovering for about a minute or two when I got a msg "Controller Error" and the bird went into "Autolanding." I don't have the downward sensors on and the "Failsafe" is set to "RTH." On the log it states that I lost connection for 8.7 seconds and then changes mode to "auto land." Because failsafe is set to RTH it should have engaged RTH but landed instead! It only did it this one time and I was not able to re-create it again.

Mavic 2 Zoom
Nvidia Tablet
The App didn't freeze and I took right off again after it landed (I did not restart the drone, controller or the App) and never done it again.

Controller Error.png
Controller Error1.png
RTH.png
Firmware.png

I really wish they would make that distance shorter. Having it auto-land within 20m can be bad depending on where you are flying. I guess you can enable RTH at current altitude to eliminate the auto-land outside of 5m but that has its own hazards.

I really wish they would make that distance shorter. Having it auto-land within 20m can be bad depending on where you are flying. I guess you can enable RTH at current altitude to eliminate the auto-land outside of 5m but that has its own hazards.
Yes... or set failsafe to Hover, but like you said, still potentialy hazardous.

Reactions: Brewbud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada