DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with drone repair?

dom556

Reactions
Could anyone help me with my mini se repair? I want to make sure I have the right parts to repair my crashed mini before I order them

Strictly speaking genuine DJI parts, apart from propellers and batteries are not normally available BRAND NEW to the general public. If you buy new bits they will probably NOT be from DJI.

What is broken?
Showing photos of what is broken is a good idea.

Strictly speaking genuine DJI parts, apart from propellers and batteries are not normally available BRAND NEW to the general public. If you buy new bits they will probably NOT be from DJI.

What is broken?
Showing photos of what is broken is a good idea.
you got a discord or something quicker? im not used to this... i made one txt file with the diagnostics, and possible parts ill need to remove + links to buy them

what are you repairing and list of parts?
mini se only and there are like 5 parts i'd say the gimbal axis one front arm esc board 3 in 1 cable coaxial gimbal cable i think that covers it... i'd give details just if u got discord gmail whatever or send here ig give me a min to figure it out

Mechanické poškození; Modul ramena gimbalu byl zlomený,
koaxiální kabel kardanu byl zlomený, flexibilní plochý kabel 3
v 1 byl zlomen, modul desky ESC byl zlomen, přední rameno
letadla (levé) bylo zlomené.

Translation (I didn't understand everything from czech language so): "Mechanical damage; Gimbal arm module was broken, coaxial cable of the gimbal was broken,
flexible flat cable 3 in 1 was broken, ESC board module was broken, front arm of the aircraft (left) was broken."

Gimbal Arm Module
€78.41

Coaxial Cable of the Gimbal
11.58€

Flexible Flat Cable 3 in 1
6.68€

ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) Board Module
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003494255922.html (board with cable)
40.81€

Front Arm of the Aircraft (left front)
€9.16

Reactions: Torque
I make that 147 - 152 € for just the parts and it's still not guaranteed to fix all the problems.
I'd be inclined to send the drone into DJI Europe and ask for a quote, it may well be cheaper than the cost of those parts and you will get an "As good as new" drone back.

Reactions: shb and WanderLost
I make that 147 - 152 € for just the parts and it's still not guaranteed to fix all the problems.
I'd be inclined to send the drone into DJI Europe and ask for a quote, it may well be cheaper than the cost of those parts and you will get an "As good as new" drone back.
Yes arround that even slightly more just for the delivery... They offered me 120€ a year ago but I refused... For me its a lot of money just for the drone repair so I was thinking 150€ divided into let's call it 3 months doesn't sound as amusing + I studied an electrician so.. I'll honestly leave the decision to you

I'd go with sending the drone in to DJI.
The problem with DIY repairs where you don't have a stock of parts to hand is that, you are buying parts in the hope that what you think is broken is in fact broken,.That's ok when its physically broken or torn stuff but you do not know if that damage caused other damage i.e. you could have a torn ribbon cable but when you replace that ribbon cable with a new one you find the the forces involved in tearing the ribbon cable had damaged a connector socket etc. etc. etc..

Sending it in to DJI means you get back a "good as new " drone ... probably with a warranty on it.

I'd go with sending the drone in to DJI.
The problem with DIY repairs where you don't have a stock of parts to hand is that, you are buying parts in the hope that what you think is broken is in fact broken,.That's ok when its physically broken or torn stuff but you do not know if that damage caused other damage i.e. you could have a torn ribbon cable but when you replace that ribbon cable with a new one you find the the forces involved in tearing the ribbon cable had damaged a connector socket etc. etc. etc..

Sending it in to DJI means you get back a "good as new " drone ... probably with a warranty on it.
right right but the diagnostics happened a year ago and since then the drone hasn't been touched.. I just recently checked battery and whether it works, it does. So the czech text I provided above was the actual diagnose they gave me from the servis. There can not be anything else wrong with it... unless it happened during that year idk? So still servis or I changed your mind? :D

Actually send to DJI, or another repair service? I see there are a couple aftermarket repair places. DJI seems to indicate their repair is only for warranty service, not crashes! I want to make sure I send my drone to the right place.

Actually send to DJI, or another repair service? I see there are a couple aftermarket repair places. DJI seems to indicate their repair is only for warranty service, not crashes! I want to make sure I send my drone to the right place.
DJI DOES do non-warranty repair work. And are very reasonable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki