DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with editing FAA drone registration

Rchawks

Reactions
I brought my MA2 out of mothballs to update rid compliance (I've done the update) followed instructions but the edit button in stilled grayed out, what am I doing wrong here?

They want another $5 from you lol

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
I've followed everything up to the point of filling in the SN of the drone and I'm stiil unable to complete it. The original listing on the MA2 is still listed as no Rid on my dashboard. I sent a email to the FAA asking for help as I'm not sure what to do. I was unable to delete the original listing or complete a new listing hoping that I would have access to deleting the old one that didn't work for me. God I feel old today, Lol. Can someone help Grandpa,,,lol.

Grandpa just figured it out after a bad scare, OMG! Got the num written down, went to turn off the drone just as it stared dong something and the lights freaked out says I wasn't connected to the drone and couldn't reconnect or turn off the drone. Out of desperation I unhooked to drone battery all the while hoping it wouldn't start the props.
So in a nutshell my MA2 is now compliant with rid and active, but I'm still unable to delete to old listing for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
OK here’s some help from an even older Grandpa! I think you have cracked it but just in case! I struggled for ages with this RID issue and it is all sorted. I have, like you, a MA2. You are talking about the Serial Number of your drone which should be showing on the main body under where the battery sits-mine surrounds a QR Code. That number needs to show as your new Serial Number which I think should start with 1581F and end with a 0. This is the one that should show on your FAA Dashboard. Don’t get confused with the FAA Registration No that should be showing somewhere on the body or arms of your drone for “all to see”. Hope this helps further.

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mblackes