DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with gimbal issue after crash

Brossi89

Reactions
Hello I am new here. Long story short I have crashed my drone and repaired the gimbal. The repair went fine and everything looked good. But unfortunately the camera has an issue now where it will not calibrate right. The camera just keeps tilting itself to the left no matter what I do. I have re calibrated the compass and IMU and tried to calibrate the camera multiple times. During start up, it will go crazy and shake the camera but eventually stops. Also it is making a squeaking noise when the camera moves. image.jpgThinking I just need a new gimbal but figured I would try here first. I will post a photo of how the camera is and try to post a video if I can. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

You need to download and install Python on a PC. Then got to github and download the DJI tools project.
You will need the correct code
You run the JointCoarse command which searches for the extreme movements of the gimbal and centres it.
You then run the LinearHall command which centres within the new boundaries and updates the gimbal firmware.
I don't think it will "fix a squeaking noise and camera shake" but that may drop out in the wash.

Just noticed that you have not said that you have re calibrated the gimbal. Try that first.
Go4App click the controller icon top right. Remote controller settings
click the camera icon with the bar on top
click gimbal auto calibration and/or adjust the gimbal.

Last edited:
You need to download and install Python on a PC. Then got to github and download the DJI tools project.
You will need the correct code
You run the JointCoarse command which searches for the extreme movements of the gimbal and centres it.
You then run the LinearHall command which centres within the new boundaries and updates the gimbal firmware.
I don't think it will "fix a squeaking noise and camera shake" but that may drop out in the wash.

Just noticed that you have not said that you have re calibrated the gimbal. Try that first.
Go4App click the controller icon top right. Remote controller settings
click the camera icon with the bar on top
click gimbal auto calibration and/or adjust the gimbal.
Thanks for the reply. I will look into that. I also ordered a new gimbal just in case.

If I follow the link I end up, via another link, going to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/o-gs/dji-firmware-tools/master/comm_og_service_tool.py
where I see what I think is the actual program code in human readable form i.e. text, is that correct?
DJI Tools.jpg
That is the python program.
Install python and run that code.
You will need to have the correct COM port which is probably 3 and
Try this( WM231 = 27 # Released 2020-04-28 Mavic Air 2 )

At a command prompt. (Run cmd)
python comm_og_service_tool.py COM3 WM231 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
python comm_og_service_tool.py COM3 WM231 GimbalCalibLinearHall

Last edited:
Reactions: Pradipwb
Thanks.
I haven't worked up the guts to try it yet, lol. I just wanted to check I was seeing the correct thing.
Besides I still need the M2z gimbal's LH pitch-pivot end-cap which I have just realised probably is a balance weight as well as an end cap. (I know this is not a M2Z thread but it has some of the clearest instructions for a numpty like me.)
Yes, I 'know/believe' I will have to choose the correct 'drone model' somewhere in the process but that can come later.

Thanks.
I haven't worked up the guts to try it yet, lol. I just wanted to check I was seeing the correct thing.
Besides I still need the M2z gimbal's LH pitch-pivot end-cap which I have just realised probably is a balance weight as well as an end cap. (I know this is not a M2Z thread but it has some of the clearest instructions for a numpty like me.)
Yes, I 'know/believe' I will have to choose the correct 'drone model' somewhere in the process but that can come later.
M2Z
com3 WM240

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0