DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

help with gimbal malfunction in cold weather

Marko5584

Reactions
I recently experienced two events in which the cold seems to be causing my Mavic pro's gimbal to malfunction. In each case I brought the Mavic to about 250 feet and set it off on a Litchi waypoint mission. The camera would not respond to my control and it was locked on the horizon and the video was shakey. This happened a few weeks ago and twice yesterday when the temperature was about 17 F. I did the same waypoint mission when the temperature was a little higher (just below or near freezing) and did not have this problem.

What is causing this ? How do I avoid this problem? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

When not in use I keep my Mavic inside a closet with the bubble style gimbal guard on it. Might this cover cause moisture to remain inside the gimbal and then condense when I fly it in sub-freezing temperatures?

Mark

I had a similar problem. Brought my Mavic Pro 2 out side in the cold and sent it up. While in the air I tried to use my gimbal tilt and it would not respond. Brought it down and shut it off then back on. It work but then the gimbal pitch would not work.

Thanks jpcabral.

I think I have narrowed my problem down a bit. It's not the cold, but it seems to be an issue with Litchi and uploading a waypoint mission. I tried this several times today: brought the MP up to 250 feet, hovered there for 30 seconds,moved the MP back and forth a bit, and I still had control of the gimbal pitch, but as soon as I uploaded the waypoint mission the camera locks on the horizon and video is shakey. No control of the camera pitch. I tried this with a different waypoint mission and the same thing happened.

So it seems I lose control of the gimbal pitch subsequent to uploading a waypoint mission.

So what is the issue here?

mark(o)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada