DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with Maps on Pro controller - not loading / staying in background

khabbi

Reactions
Not sure what has happened here, searched around and can't fix it easily.

Booted everything up on my Mavic 3, Pro Controller, etc., and the regular (drawn), hybird or satellite maps won't stay on my screen now when I go to fly. If I press and hold the map screen, it will come up buy only while I hold my finger down. Same goes for the overlay map. Super frustrating.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! Trying to get a couple flights in today, it's been a while!

Not sure what has happened here, searched around and can't fix it easily.

Booted everything up on my Mavic 3, Pro Controller, etc., and the regular (drawn), hybird or satellite maps won't stay on my screen now when I go to fly. If I press and hold the map screen, it will come up buy only while I hold my finger down. Same goes for the overlay map. Super frustrating.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! Trying to get a couple flights in today, it's been a while!
Turn off the Altitude map layer. It stupidly now obliterates everything behind it when you are within 50km of any airport to support a 1000m altitude limit when out in the boonies, more than 50 km from any airport.

Turn off the Altitude map layer. It stupidly now obliterates everything behind it when you are within 50km of any airport to support a 1000m altitude limit when out in the boonies, more than 50 km from any airport.
This did it. Thank you VERY much for your help.

Why does it seem that DJI is always taking steps back when it comes to being able to set things up and fly easily? Not asking you specifically, but it seems like every time I pull my drone out after sitting for a few months it's bricked and/or can't fly/is missing things until I do a lengthy "upgrade" only to find out everything I've done before is gone? So frustrating.

I am venturing into my first Enterprise drone soon and am very excited to have DJI Pilot as the software moving forward...

This did it. Thank you VERY much for your help.

Why does it seem that DJI is always taking steps back when it comes to being able to set things up and fly easily? Not asking you specifically, but it seems like every time I pull my drone out after sitting for a few months it's bricked and/or can't fly/is missing things until I do a lengthy "upgrade" only to find out everything I've done before is gone? So frustrating.

I am venturing into my first Enterprise drone soon and am very excited to have DJI Pilot as the software moving forward...
I hate most updates. They usually take more away than they add or fix! This boneheaded implementation by DJI, of what was intended to be a welcome feature aiding mountain-climbing in remote areas, is absurd! It forces everyone else to turn off the altitude zones that they need to be aware of when flying anywhere near airport flight lines! Instead, there should have simply been a toggle to show areas with the 1000m altitude capability, but they don't ask for my opinion.

DJI Pilot isn't necessarily any better. Commercial users lose out on many of the consumer features that they enjoy in Go 4 and DJI Fly. On the commercial forum, you can read about its criticisms too! It's still written by the same goofy software engineers, who don't have our best interests at heart, and are constantly changing it in ways we do not like!

Reactions: Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom