DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with Max Height altitude Mavic Pro 2

photopro

Reactions
Hi Mavic Communtiy, I need some help/information with my Mavic Pro 2 Drone. I recently used my drone to take some photographs ontop of a steep hill, incline was 22% before photographing I calibrated my IMU and also the Compass as well. Then took off to photographed. My drone stopped at Max height of only 127 ft, I was trying to get it to the total Max height of 400 ft. I then went back down to ground level. Recalibrated my drone IMU and Compass tried again to bring the drone to Max Altitude it stop short at 127 ft and would not go to 400 ft. Any solutions to what could be done to get to Max of 400 ft?

Reactions: fin and Droniac
Do you get a warning message on the screen. Did you set the max altitude properly in the main controller settings?

There is a particular job site I inspect and in one area that is in a flight path of a small local airport I can’t fly higher that 90 feet. Is there an airstrip nearby?

Reactions: Droniac
Do you get a warning message on the screen. Did you set the max altitude properly in the main controller settings?
No Warning message came on my screen, in MC settings. Beginner mode is turned off. Maximum altitude is set to 125 m which is about 410 ft. I tried it at 120 and that is about 393 feet. Still would not allow me to go past 127 feet

Any solutions to what could be done to get to Max of 400 ft?
Have you flown it higher than 127 ft anywhere else?
Recalibrating things won't make any difference to the altitude limitation.

If you post the recorded flight data, it might have some clues to the mystery.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Have you flown it higher than 127 ft anywhere else?
Recalibrating things won't make any difference to the altitude limitation.

If you post the recorded flight data, it might have some clues to the mystery.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.
Yes I have flown it higher to 127 the Max height I have flown it to before is 400 feet total.

Thank you for the information, If I cleared the cache off my phone to work better, would the flight record data still be accessible to upload the flight record.

Yes I have flown it higher to 127 the Max height I have flown it to before is 400 feet total.

Thank you for the information, If I cleared the cache off my phone to work better, would the flight record data still be accessible to upload the flight record.
Clearing cached files shouldn't remove flight data.

If you can give us the exact map co ordinates I can check online to see what could cause the height restriction, I had the same problem & it turned out to be a GEO height ceiling of 500ft from an airport quite a distance away, but I was hitting the end stop of the extended runway line up as I was on a hill the 500ft limit was stopping my M2P entering the zone with no warning at all.

If you can give us the exact map co ordinates I can check online to see what could cause the height restriction, I had the same problem & it turned out to be a GEO height ceiling of 500ft from an airport quite a distance away, but I was hitting the end stop of the extended runway line up as I was on a hill the 500ft limit was stopping my M2P entering the zone with no warning at all.
Thank you that would be helpful. Here are the co ordinates. 39.021797, -122.664024

Thank you that would be helpful. Here are the co ordinates. 39.021797, -122.664024
Hi I checked those co ordinates, they seem fine, no flight restrictions there (GEO zones), looks a great place to fly.

I looked at my flight data, straight from the device I have plug in says my flight record is zero and I have flown my drone before
The cached files should only be image files and they should have been in a different place from your flight records.
Do you have flight records showing here?
i-bZRmd8Q-M.jpg

If so, the actual flight record files will be here:
i-SD79skh-M.jpg

Just a thought.
Page 56 in the manual:
"Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivate."

Just a thought.
Page 56 in the manual:
"Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivate."
Thank you, that I was not fully aware of. I just flew my drone again today, took off wanted to go to max altitude and I had the same issue, this time my drone stopped short at only 96 ft, flew in a different location. I will double check about my GPS signal next time I go fly and the downward vision system.

Just a thought.
Page 56 in the manual:
Since he flew to 127 ft in the first post, that was not the cause.
Thank you, that I was not fully aware of. I just flew my drone again today, took off wanted to go to max altitude and I had the same issue, this time my drone stopped short at only 96 ft, flew in a different location. I will double check about my GPS signal next time I go fly and the downward vision system.
If you want to know what was really going on, all you need to do is post the recorded flight data.
See post #6 for details.

Actual height is measured relative to ground level at the take off point. So, if you want to fly up a mountain you have to set the max height (much) higher.

Reactions: cdubNga
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost