DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help With New Zoom Cord

Dopper

Reactions
I got my zoom yesterday.
In the package there was a separate long cord with a USB on one end and an changeable adapter on the other. I assumed it was a separate cord to charge the remote. Unfortunately, the adapter doesn’t fit the controller and I can’t find anything that fits the controller other than the cord coming out of the charger base. Does anybody know what the cord is for?
I feel like I’m missing the obvious here but can’t figure it out?

Reactions: Hauptmann
The long cord is meant for data transfer to and from the drone, its small end is USB-C.
It might charge the controller via the USB-C to micro USB type B adaptor that should have also come with the drone but I haven't tried that myself.
The charging port on the controller is officially the one on the side of the controller, where the phone connecting cables connect. It is a micro USB type A socket but they accept correctly orientated micro USB type B plugs.
I have read that the normal big USB socket, between the fold out arms, can also be used to charge the controller but I have not tried that myself and am reluctant to do so just in case what I read was internet BS.
The mains charger supplied with the drone should have a cable in its side to charge the controller,. Alternatively a normal big USB to micro USB type B cable can be used when connected to a normal big USB socket

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hauptmann
I got my zoom yesterday.
In the package there was a separate long cord with a USB on one end and an changeable adapter on the other. I assumed it was a separate cord to charge the remote. Unfortunately, the adapter doesn’t fit the controller and I can’t find anything that fits the controller other than the cord coming out of the charger base. Does anybody know what the cord is for?
I feel like I’m missing the obvious here but can’t figure it out?
it is not possible to charge the RC using the large USB port on the bottom of the controller, be careful when you use the side port it is very easy to damage, if you do not get the micro lead plugged in the right way up ,its best to mark the fitting on the top face with some model paint, so you know its the correct way up ,if you damage the port you will not be able to charge the RC any more ,its better to keep the side port for charging only, and use the bottom large USB for connecting to your screen device

I strongly agree with OMM's comments about the fragility of the micro USB connections, so much so that it is likely that I will start using the likes of this (link) glued to the controller. Then a normal USB to phone cable connected to that to 'drive' my phone. It means I need only make/break a full sized USB connection to charge the controller or connect it to my phone etc.
If anyone is interested in such cable be sure to check the handing of the elbow/90deg via a photo and not via "left" or "right". I actually think the cable in my link is right handed rather than left handed.
There is however problem with my idea in that it requires a normal sized USB plug at the device end of a charging cable but I have a couple of plug to plug ( male to male) USB cables, so it works for me

Glad to have you with us. Welcome!

I agree with OMM and Philius Foggg regarding the fragility of the controller's side USB port. I use a magnetic cord (link below). The magnetic end can be left in the controller permanently, so the port won't get damaged. You get three cords with multiple magnetic ends for 20 USD.

Reactions: old man mavic
As noted you can use a Micro B usb plug/cord but it has to be oriented correctly when inserted into the side/charging port. Here's a diagram:
USB -B for Mavic 2 Controller.jpg

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter